What if you put a aio in a freezer

If you put a pc in a fridge or freezer the problem is condensation but what if you made a custom loop with the aio in the freezer maybe you could get negative degrees ferinheight with a freezer that gets very cold.

3 minutes ago, 34EXP said:

what if you made a custom loop with the aio in the freezer

Do you just mean hooking up a water loop to a condenser? Or do you literally mean put the radiator of an AIO or custom loop inside a freezer? Cause if you put any heat source inside a closed place, the result is the same. Heat will slowly build up and thermal performance is worse. The reason a fridge can keep things cool is because food isn't an active heat source, it just has some heat with it when you store it. The heat slowly leeches off into the air 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Negative Fahrenheit is impossible with normal AIO coolants. They freeze well above that temperature. If you did put a radiator in a freezer and were careful to avoid getting it too cold, you would have low temps for about 2 minutes. Household freezers aren't meant to deal with constant heat sources like a radiator. It would quickly heat up and would eventually end up worse than leaving the AIO outside of the freezer, because now you're dumping all your heat into an insulated box.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you just mean hooking up a water loop to a condenser? Or do you literally mean put the radiator of an AIO or custom loop inside a freezer? Cause if you put any heat source inside a closed place, the result is the same. Heat will slowly build up and thermal performance is worse. The reason a fridge can keep things cool is because food isn't an active heat source, it just has some heat with it when you store it. The heat slowly leeches off into the air 

Shoot i didnt think of that, i meant like a actual freezer i didnt think about how temperature actually works .

6 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Negative Fahrenheit is impossible with normal AIO coolants. They freeze well above that temperature. If you did put a radiator in a freezer and were careful to avoid getting it too cold, you would have low temps for about 2 minutes. Household freezers aren't meant to deal with constant heat sources like a radiator. It would quickly heat up and would eventually end up worse than leaving the AIO outside of the freezer, because now you're dumping all your heat into an insulated box.

I wasnt just talking about household freezers i was thinking of industrial freezers like they use in the process of making metal razors stronger. but the problem is dumping heat into a insulated box 

1 hour ago, 34EXP said:

I wasnt just talking about household freezers i was thinking of industrial freezers like they use in the process of making metal razors stronger. but the problem is dumping heat into a insulated box 

Even if the freezer was up to the task of cooling a multi hundreds watt heat source, and if it did go sub zero, and if the fluid didn’t freeze, you’d still get condensation on the tubes and at the block due to the temp. Sub zero is basically never “easy”. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

47 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Even if the freezer was up to the task of cooling a multi hundreds watt heat source, and if it did go sub zero, and if the fluid didn’t freeze, you’d still get condensation on the tubes and at the block due to the temp. Sub zero is basically never “easy”. 

atleast good subzero is never easy

Theres tecs, ice water, etc. But ice water dont last long and tecs are just abysmal, the only thing that could be considered good but easy would be dice (just dunk it in ipa and into a pot, what you call poor mans liquid nitrogen) but condensation is still a worry and again not dailyable for very obvious reasons

basically dont bother with subzero for daily unless you are fine with the extra power bill and fine with building either a chiller loop (for low power stuff) or a phase change system (that can actually subzero cpu and gpu core, not just chill your rams like chiller loop), you could buy a phase system but youd need quite abit of $ to do so since not many ppl build these

If you put it in a freezer and let the air temp go down and stabilize and then put the PC in and shut the lid you wouldn't need to worry about condensation because the air would be dry.  If you were worried take a N2 tank and have a fitting go into there and help dry out the air.   

Putting a system in a freezer you need to fire it up right away.  Letting it go cold might cause issues.  I can tell you it will when you run a system at -100c if it isn't already running and self heating. Keep those junction temps happy.

I remember Linus doing this some years ago, and the PC puts out way too much heat, such that the freezer soon turned into an oven. 

I believe Linus also did a subambient cooling arrangement a year or two ago using an air conditioner chilling the processor cold plate, and yes, they had to coat everything in petroleum jelly and insulation, and still had gobs of condensation. Doing that is when you get into EXTREME overclocking.