Corsair Virtuoso static noise when using iCUE

DomasU

Hello, I just got Corsair Virtuoso wireless headset. Great sound quality, great mic, but when I installed iCUE software I started noticing static noise when sound is played. Without iCUE everything is fine. Tried a bunch of things. Maybe someone had the same issue and can help me out or should I return them and get Arctis 7+ for example. Thanks!

I had this issue, was a conflict with the Asus Aura software.  I ended up giving the Virtuaoso SE's to a friend and got the 7+, they are a really decent headset.  I did end up returning them though and got the Nova Pro's.

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

• 2 months later...

Posting this fix for everyone who has this issue..

It's a driver conflict, which is why it works fine when icue is not installed, anyways this fixed it for me:

In device manager go to view - devices by container.

Uninstall everything under Corsair virtuoso Wireless Gaming Headset. Check the "delete device drivers" box if prompted (USB Composite Device + the one called Corsair something should get rid of everything rather than doing all the HID's). Do no restart yet, select restart later.

In control panel, SEARCH for "hardware" and click "Change device installation settings" under "devices and printer".

set this to "No" (should be fine to turn back on once you have got everything working).

Unplug headset receiver.

turn off the headset.

Restart your PC.

Keep your headset off.

Open device manager go to view - devices by container.

Start ICUE.

Plug in the headset receiver, keep the headset turned off.

Device manager will start loading, once it refreshes you should be able to see the "Corsair virtuoso Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

When Device manager have refreshed, ICUE will have installed the correct driver.

Turn on the headset. Device manager will refresh again, adding more stuff to the "Corsair virtuoso Wireless Gaming Headset" container.

The white noise should now be gone, and stay gone.

I do not know if exactly all these steps are required, but i tried a shit load of things and this is what worked. I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and Corsair themselves does not seem like they want to address this, since there are a shit ton of the same question everywhere..

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, ADHDTeddy said:

It's a driver conflict, which is why it works fine when icue is not installed, anyways this fixed it for me:

Uninstall everything under Corsair virtuoso Wireless Gaming Headset. Check the "delete device drivers" box if prompted (USB Composite Device + the one called Corsair something should get rid of everything rather than doing all the HID's). Do no restart yet, select restart later.

In control panel, SEARCH for "hardware" and click "Change device installation settings" under "devices and printer".

set this to "No" (should be fine to turn back on once you have got everything working).

Unplug headset receiver.

turn off the headset.

Restart your PC.

Keep your headset off.

Start ICUE.

Device manager will start loading, once it refreshes you should be able to see the "Corsair virtuoso Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

When Device manager have refreshed, ICUE will have installed the correct driver.

Turn on the headset. Device manager will refresh again, adding more stuff to the "Corsair virtuoso Wireless Gaming Headset" container.

I do not know if exactly all these steps are required, but i tried a shit load of things and this is what worked. I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and Corsair themselves does not seem like they want to address this, since there are a shit ton of the same question everywhere..

THANK YOU - I've been looking through too many forum posts trying to find the solution. I knew it had to do with iCUE being open and driver issues, and I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them, but doing them in the order that you listed made it work. I literally created an account just now to let you know your post is much appreciated!

• 3 months later...
On 11/4/2022 at 11:36 AM, ADHDTeddy said:

Unplug headset receiver.

turn off the headset.

Restart your PC.

Keep your headset off.

Start ICUE.

Sorry since this comment was from a long time ago but I was curious if your EQ settings work with this? I am super thankful that you were able to get that static gone for me but do your EQ settings work? Mine seem to not be working which was what I was wanting to use iCUE for but the static was annoying.

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, ADHDTeddy said:

Unplug headset receiver.

turn off the headset.

Restart your PC.

Keep your headset off.

Start ICUE.

Thanks a lot! I searched the web for quite a while on how to get rid of the static noise. I had the same problems with the Corsair HS80 headset but the static is completely gone now 👍