First PC planning looking for opinions

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
11 minutes ago, skamnox5 said:

Also, should I just hold off a bit since new things are about to get revealed. 

Yes, you really should. 

I wouldn't really recommend anything in that system anyway, 980 Pros are really expensive and not noticeably better than a Gen 3 drive for 98% of people, the RAM kit is pretty expensive, the PSU is very expensive for what it is, and that cooler is downright a ripoff. That said, new stuff will be out within a month or two, so I wouldn't buy any of this in general, either waiting for AM5 to release and getting that, or waiting for AM5 to release and AM4 gear to go on heavy clearance. 

Budget (including currency): $1500 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Elden ring, Minecraft and Blender etc.

So, this is what I've put together for my potential build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p2Vy8r) and was just wondering if it's a good setup like is the power supply or cooler too much and maybe I should cut back a bit? or if there's any compatibility issues. I haven't put a GPU on the list yet since I'm not too sure what to get especially with these high prices my idea was to get a 3070 not sure from which manufacturer. which would be a good choice? Also, should I just hold off a bit since new things are about to get revealed. 

11 minutes ago, skamnox5 said:

Also, should I just hold off a bit since new things are about to get revealed. 

Yes, you really should. 

I wouldn't really recommend anything in that system anyway, 980 Pros are really expensive and not noticeably better than a Gen 3 drive for 98% of people, the RAM kit is pretty expensive, the PSU is very expensive for what it is, and that cooler is downright a ripoff. That said, new stuff will be out within a month or two, so I wouldn't buy any of this in general, either waiting for AM5 to release and getting that, or waiting for AM5 to release and AM4 gear to go on heavy clearance. 

53 minutes ago, skamnox5 said:

Budget (including currency): $1500 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Elden ring, Minecraft and Blender etc.

So, this is what I've put together for my potential build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p2Vy8r) and was just wondering if it's a good setup like is the power supply or cooler too much and maybe I should cut back a bit? or if there's any compatibility issues. I haven't put a GPU on the list yet since I'm not too sure what to get especially with these high prices my idea was to get a 3070 not sure from which manufacturer. which would be a good choice? Also, should I just hold off a bit since new things are about to get revealed. 

I understand prices have been dropping like rocks for some time, mostly due to the crypto crash and the upcoming next series of cards.  They’ve actually gotten down to a point I would buy at.  The only reason I haven’t is other things have gotten in the way.  The used market is especially good atm for that size card.  It was a prime mining card.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.