Rant - Finding Sandals - Apparently harder than you think

Pickles von Brine

I have a pair of sandals that pretty worn out after 7 or 8 years. You would think it would be easy to find size 9 sandals right? Apparently not. 

I went to DSW (they sell shoes) 4 different times, Famous Footwear 3 times, Kohls twice and looked at Marshalls (discount store for clothing and more). Every time? Nothing. No sandals that were my size. 

So, I finally order some online. Guess what? A size 10 in sandals is actually a size bigger. My feet have always been a size 10. I ordered a size 10 and I might as well fit big foot. Sent those back. Ordered a size 9. STILL too big. Ordered a size 8  and 8.5 and finally got sandals that fit. 5 weeks after starting this journey. 

How the hell is it so damn hard to find sandals?

Frustrated Meme Face | Angry face meme, Angry meme, Frustrated meme

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Shoe sizes are arbitrary nonsense based off wonky antiquated units of measurement. Basically all you can do is figure out what size you are for a given manufacturer and hope they don't change their lasts too much. (I take anywhere between a 9 and 11 in US sizes, and either 42 or 43 in European sizes, depending on which brand and kind of shoe it is.)

At least some manufacturers like Xero give you measurements (or even printable templates) so you can get a rough idea of what size you probably need before you order. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Shoe sizes are arbitrary nonsense based off wonky antiquated units of measurement. Basically all you can do is figure out what size you are for a given manufacturer and hope they don't change their lasts too much. (I take anywhere between a 9 and 11 in US sizes, and either 42 or 43 in European sizes, depending on which brand and kind of shoe it is.)

At least some manufacturers like Xero give you measurements (or even printable templates) so you can get a rough idea of what size you probably need before you order. 

That is good to know. I will have to check out Xero. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

20 minutes ago, Pickles von Brine said:

That is good to know. I will have to check out Xero. 

They’re a little expensive, but unless you’re Shaq you should be able to find your size lightly used on eBay for significantly less than new. 

I don’t like squishy, heavily padded shoes, so most of my recommendations tend to be the thin-and-light ‘minimal’ types like Xeros and the Merrell Vapor Glove line. (I don’t think I even have any ‘regular’ sneakers like New Balances anymore.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

22 hours ago, ET_Explorer said:

My preferred sandals are from > Teva, I don't wear any others.

They make good sandals but are a bit expensive. I ultimately went with these guys. Honestly, I think they stole their designs XD

https://www.amazon.com/stores/CAMELCROWN/CAMELCROWN/page/42B54419-8CFA-4C64-8C68-EAD2881CF56F

i have it worse, my left foot is bigger then my right so one shoe is too big and one is too small.

not only that, wildrhino stopped making the linus shoe:

Spoiler

https://www.shirleys.co.nz/user/images/2916.jpg?t=1705301306

i am so angry since it's my fav shoe, i have been unable to find one locally and i don't wanna buy online.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

9 hours ago, TexasBulldog74 said:

I wear a size 15/16 depending on brand.... I don't want to hear of your size 9 troubles LOL

You got big feet. No wonder why those big foot films exist. It was probably you. jk

I know someone who has a size 18 and is 6'8" and 315. The poor guy between finding shoes and clothes. He can go to big and tall, get a quad XL and it will still be too short. 

7 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

i have it worse, my left foot is bigger then my right so one shoe is too big and one is too small.

not only that, wildrhino stopped making the linus shoe:

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.shirleys.co.nz/user/images/2916.jpg?t=1705301306

i am so angry since it's my fav shoe, i have been unable to find one locally and i don't wanna buy online.

I know the feeling. There was a pair of boot I love and cannot get anymore.