i need a gpu under 80

thecheapartist

hi. I need a GPU under 80 USD for video editing. not gonna do 4k. just 1080p

49 minutes ago, thecheapartist said:

hi. I need a GPU under 80 USD for video editing. not gonna do 4k. just 1080p

So does everyone.  I’d also like to be 10 years younger. That’s a bit like large real boobs on runway models.  Generally doesn’t exist.  Your best bet is an iGP, ona machine with ddr5 and a lot of fast memory. If you want a dGPU you might have a shot at $150.  The problem you’ve got is that type of work shares hardware with gaming, so the prices are pretty aggressive. If there was a way to make a machine that would edit video but not game you might have a shot. I don’t know of one though.  This is “I want the power of a PS4, but for half the money”

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If you want new, it's just not gonna happen. You'd be better off getting an Intel CPU with an iGPU so you can use Quicksync instead. If you're willing to go used, maybe you can get something like a 1060 or maybe a 1050 Ti, but any GPU under $100 is very volatile price wise so you'd have to do a bit of searching to find for a good price. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you want new, it's just not gonna happen. You'd be better off getting an Intel CPU with an iGPU so you can use Quicksync instead. If you're willing to go used, maybe you can get something like a 1060 or maybe a 1050 Ti, but any GPU under $100 is very volatile price wise so you'd have to do a bit of searching to find for a good price. 

The problem is even used there are issues.  Gonna have to go older than that I suspect. 900 or 800 series. I was thinking something like a 470.  He’s pushing into 730 money.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The problem is even used there are issues.  Gonna have to go older than that I suspect. 900 or 800 series. I was thinking something like a 470.  He’s pushing into 730 money.

If you look up "GTX 1060" on eBay, you'll easily find a couple that are available for $80. Most of them are bidding, but given that there are 10+ ending within 24 hours at ~$70 right now I'm sure you can get at least one of them for the $80. It's at the limit of the budget, but given that 1050 Tis seem to be going for more than that, I'd say that's the best bet. No reason to step down to something like an RX 470 or god forbid a GTX 470. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you look up "GTX 1060" on eBay, you'll easily find a couple that are available for $80. Most of them are bidding, but given that there are 10+ ending within 24 hours at ~$70 right now I'm sure you can get at least one of them for the $80. It's at the limit of the budget, but given that 1050 Tis seem to be going for more than that, I'd say that's the best bet. No reason to step down to something like an RX 470 or god forbid a GTX 470. 

Fair enough.