Cooler: Deepcool Gammax 400 

PSU: Seasonic Focus 750 Watt Gold plus

SSD 1: Sandisk 240 GB 

SSD 2: Samsung 860 evo 500 GB 

HDD: Samsung 320 GB 

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 

Cooler: deepcool matrexx 55 mesh

Monitor: HP Zendesk 27 resolution 1920x1200 

Let me start with my problem.  I am receiving lower than expected FPS in almost all games. For example my friend almost exact PC build. Difference is that he has non K version CPU and Monitor is 1920x1080 for resolution. Graphics card on both monitors I mean my friends and mines are connected using the HDMI cable. He is receiving 60 FPS in Forza 4 on High, I get about 40 on Medium settings, He is receiving 50 FPS in Marvels Spider Man on medium settings I am getting under 30 on very low, Dying light 2 he gets about 60 on medium I get 30 on low.  I am really confused. I did clean Windows 10 install, updated all graphics drivers but problem is same. Only thing that I noticed is that when I checked my hard drives using crystaldisk, my HDD has Caution state.

I tried to run PC without HDD connected but problem stayed.  Bios is up to date, I have just changed thermal paste for both CPU and GPU, it is not overheating, I have installed riviastastictuner and as I can see temperatures are not going high in games. Also GPU usage is about 98% in all games and CPU usage is about 60 %. I also checked RAMS and they are in dual channel, XMP is enabled and they are set to 1600 Mhz profile. 

I know it is old generation but I just don't understand why my friend is able to get that good performance on the same PC. I also checked performance of this build on Youtube and everyone seems to be getting better experience than me.  

13 minutes ago, Sydnel said:

Difference is that he has non K version CPU and Monitor is 1920x1080 for resolution.

Are you running a higher resolution than him? If you are, it's expected to get lower performance because the GPU has to render more.

Ram Spec in detail?

CPU limited nature of the lowend processor could be relying heavily on RAM bandwidth/timings...
If he is on say 2133-2400Mhz CL10 DDR3 with a Z series board/Locked processor and you are at DDR3 1333-1600Mhz CL15 (as an example) there will be quite the difference when you are in a CPU bound scenario.

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Are you running a higher resolution than him? If you are, it's expected to get lower performance because the GPU has to render more.

Plus this too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

As mentioned in my post I am running at 1920x1200 and He is running at 1920x1080, I borrowed his monitor to check but FPS stayed same low. 

10 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Ram Spec in detail?

10 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Ram Spec in detail?

Ram is EVGA Superclocked DDR3 series, 2x8 GB kits, CPUID shows that they are in dual channel and also I have enabled XMP profile in BIOS, mhz is also displaying as 1600. Also he has i7 3770 non k version when I have i7 3770k so i don't think CPU is the problem here, also he has some generic 1kit 16 GB ram. 

If you have riva tuner installed, then can you check what your clock speeds are for both your CPU and GPU ? Maybe theres a power limit enabled somewhere and its clocking down

Thread can be closed, it was the PCIE slot issue, I changed it and everything is working better now.