Is spiderman Remastered highly CPU dependent? Seem to be CPU bottlenecked with 5900x

Stomy

Just wanna make sure my cpu isnt randomly underperforming. Im not reaching 100% usage on my 3090 (highest i got was 84 and that was only for a second) when im playing Spider-Man so it would seem im cpu limited. Im playing at 1440P mostly maxed out with RT on max. averaging 60-70fps seems crazy to be cpu bottlenecked at that fps. my 5900x runs around 4800 on all cores when gaming. (results obtained with HWinfo)

23 minutes ago, Stomy said:

Just wanna make sure my cpu isnt randomly underperforming. Im not reaching 100% usage on my 3090 (highest i got was 84 and that was only for a second) when im playing Spider-Man so it would seem im cpu limited. Im playing at 1440P mostly maxed out with RT on max. averaging 60-70fps seems crazy to be cpu bottlenecked at that fps. my 5900x runs around 4800 on all cores when gaming. (results obtained with HWinfo)

I guarantee that Spiderman doesn't use all 24 threads on your 5900x.

You need to look at what the individual threads are doing.

4 minutes ago, tkitch said:

I guarantee that Spiderman doesn't use all 24 threads on your 5900x.

You need to look at what the individual threads are doing.

I saw some reports that it runs better with MT turned off so I tried that. it occasionally helps but im still not getting full GPU usage or even close most of the time and the fps only wnet up maybe 10 average if that. but no I dont assume it is using all the threads. just not sure why the game isnt utilizing my hardware 

Apparently yes, this game is just insanely CPU heavy and just doesnt use them well.

2 hours ago, Stomy said:

I saw some reports that it runs better with MT turned off so I tried that. it occasionally helps but im still not getting full GPU usage or even close most of the time and the fps only wnet up maybe 10 average if that. but no I dont assume it is using all the threads. just not sure why the game isnt utilizing my hardware 

that still doesn't mean anything.

Minecraft for instance uses 1 thread almost exclusively, so that is generally the limiting factor for almost any build.

Plenty of other games are similar and use 1-4 threads for all of their work.  "You need to look at what the individual threads are doing" isn't just pointless commentary.

It is CPU heavy especially when you turn on RT. Maybe 5800x3D will perform better. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

13 hours ago, Stomy said:

I'll have to check my exact settings, as I think I had turned a couple of things down from "very high" to "High" (or something similar/equivalent). but I feel at similar settings I'm getting at least that performance, if not slightly higher frames with my 5600 and 2070 Super. There must be more settings I'm not thinking of that I didn't have maxed though because you should be well outperforming me.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, Holmes108 said:

I'll have to check my exact settings, as I think I had turned a couple of things down from "very high" to "High" (or something similar/equivalent). but I feel at similar settings I'm getting at least that performance, if not slightly higher frames with my 5600 and 2070 Super. There must be more settings I'm not thinking of that I didn't have maxed though because you should be well outperforming me.

I get much higher when not swinging through the city it’s just swinging that I get the low FPS 

maybe the game isn't well optimised.   it sounds like the days when the FX8000 chips came out and was poor performance because no game could use 8 cores and the cores were weak as well.   i think we are well away from devs making use of 12/16 core gaming never mind 24 core..