Comparing Cases

I'm looking to build my first pc, and I have a couple options for cases but I'm not sure what to get. I'm looking to get either: fractal design focus G ATX or Corsair 4000D airflow (other case suggestions are welcome). Any opinions between the two?

Focus G is a very oudated case in many ways (5.25" bays, acrylic window, no PSU basement). It's strictly a budget option and even at its price you can probably do better. About the only good thing I can say for it is that it comes in some interesting colors. I'm curious what criteria you used to arrive at this and a very popular modern case like the 4000D Airflow as your finalists.

Fractal's newer offerings like the Meshify 2, Torrent, or Pop Air (if you don't want to spend as much) are all worthy options. You should also take a look at Phanteks P-series. 

Avoid any of NZXT's stuff aside from the new Flow H7. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Focus G is a very oudated case in many ways (5.25" bays, acrylic window, no PSU basement). It's strictly a budget option and even at its price you can probably do better. About the only good thing I can say for it is that it comes in some interesting colors. I'm curious what criteria you used to arrive at this and a very popular modern case like the 4000D Airflow as your finalists.

Fractal's newer offerings like the Meshify 2, Torrent, or Pop Air (if you don't want to spend as much) are all worthy options. You should also take a look at Phanteks P-series. 

Avoid any of NZXT's stuff aside from the new Flow H7. 

I was looking around some budget pc case lists, some of which were a bit outdated...

Also, between the pop air and 4000D any comparisons?

Define budget cases? The p400a digital and 500dx are also both fine cases. The meshify c from fractal is a good choice 

3 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Define budget cases? The p400a digital and 500dx are also both fine cases. The meshify c from fractal is a good choice 

Less than $100 in my case

I'm going to look into those cases

7 minutes ago, Edward686 said:

Less than $100 in my case

I'm going to look into those cases

If you're in the US I'd also take a look at the zalman i3 neo which has a lot of features for the price of it

17 minutes ago, Edward686 said:

I was looking around some budget pc case lists, some of which were a bit outdated...

Also, between the pop air and 4000D any comparisons?

4000D Airflow has a slightly higher MSRP. It comes with a USB-C port on the front as standard but only one regular USB 3 port. It has somewhat better liquid cooling radiator compatibility (can fit a 360mm radiator in the front). Out of the box it can mount 2x 2.5" drives and 2x 3.5" drives. It has the ability to mount your GPU vertically, which the Pop Air doesn't (at least not as easily). 

The Pop Air has 2x regular USB3 ports but no USB-C as standard (Fractal sells an add-on for it). It also comes with two front fans and one rear whereas the 4000D only comes with one front and one back, but the Pop Air can't fit 360mm radiators. It can hold more 3.5" and 2.5" drives than the 4000D and can also still take 5.25" drives if you ever wanted to but you have to sacrifice 3.5" and 2.5" capacity to do it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

20 hours ago, Edward686 said:

fractal design focus G ATX

Hilariously enough, today Fractal announced the Focus 2

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/focus/

It's basically a slightly cheaper Pop Air, but still more expensive than the original Focus G. The 4000D is still a fine case. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25