Would it fit in the case ?

Mikey89

So i'm using a RYZEN 5 3600 with a BEQUIET Shadow Rock LP and was thinking of upgrafing it sincer this one îs about 6 years old.

I want to get either the BEQUIET Dark Rock 4 or the BEQUIET Dark Rock PRO 4.

I'm using this case 

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/masterbox-mb511-rgb/

But i am not sure if either of those will fit inside the case.

Does anyone know if they will fit and also if those are compatibile with AM4 CPU ?

4 hours ago, Mikey89 said:
Clearance - CPU Cooler 165mm/6.49"

BEQUIET Dark Rock 4

General data

Model Dark Rock 4
Dimensions (L x W x H), (mm) 96 x 136 x 159
Total weight (kg) 0.92
TDP (W) 200
Socket compatibility AMD AM5 / AM4
Socket compatibility Intel 1700 / 1200 / 2066 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 2011(-3) Square ILM
Fan model, number 1x Silent Wings 135mm PWM
Decoupled fan mounting
Overall noise level (dB(A)) @ 50/75/100% (rpm) 10.5 / 15.6 / 21.4

BEQUIET Dark Rock PRO 4

General data
Model Dark Rock Pro 4
Dimensions (L x W x H), (mm) 146 x 136 x 163
Total weight (kg) 1.13
TDP (W) 250
Socket compatibility Intel 1700 / 1200 / 2066 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 2011(-3) Square ILM
Fan model, number 1x Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM/ 1x Silent Wings 135mm PWM
Decoupled fan mounting
Overall noise level (dB(A)) @ 50/75/100% (rpm) 12.8 / 17.9 / 24.3

Both fit in that case & suit AM4.

11 hours ago, Ralfi said:
Clearance - CPU Cooler 165mm/6.49"

General data

Model Dark Rock 4
Dimensions (L x W x H), (mm) 96 x 136 x 159
Total weight (kg) 0.92
TDP (W) 200
Fan model, number 1x Silent Wings 135mm PWM
Decoupled fan mounting
Overall noise level (dB(A)) @ 50/75/100% (rpm) 10.5 / 15.6 / 21.4

General data
Model Dark Rock Pro 4
Dimensions (L x W x H), (mm) 146 x 136 x 163
Total weight (kg) 1.13
TDP (W) 250
Fan model, number 1x Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM/ 1x Silent Wings 135mm PWM
Decoupled fan mounting
Overall noise level (dB(A)) @ 50/75/100% (rpm) 12.8 / 17.9 / 24.3

Both fit in that case & suit AM4.

@Ralfi

Thanks for the info about both of them.

I was thinking though - is the Dark Rock PRO 4 maybe overkill ?

Should i just get the Dark Rock 4 ?

Not really sure which to get...also the the Dark Rock 4 is smaller and i'm guessing would fit better inside the case.

1 hour ago, Mikey89 said:

I was thinking though - is the Dark Rock PRO 4 maybe overkill ?

For your current CPU, it looks to be overkill.

Unless you plan to upgrade your CPU soon, then sticking with the non-PRO should be enough...

Here's a comparison betwen the two...

https://www.bequiet.com/en/compare/cpucooler/result?model-compare[cpucooler][]=BK022&model-compare[][]=BK021

For some strange reason, there's no Airflow specifications on Bequiet's website...

7 hours ago, Ralfi said:

For your current CPU, it looks to be overkill.

Unless you plan to upgrade your CPU soon, then sticking with the non-PRO should be enough...

Here's a comparison betwen the two...

https://www.bequiet.com/en/compare/cpucooler/result?model-compare[cpucooler][]=BK022&model-compare[][]=BK021

For some strange reason, there's no Airflow specifications on Bequiet's website...

@Ralfi

My main concern îs in gaming.

I was playing Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered in PC and i noticed it was pushing the CPU.

My Shadow Rock LP was at MAX SPEED and sometimes i could hear the sound it was making.

Will the Dark Rock 4 be enough ?

Or maybe i should just get the Dark Rock PRO 4 ?

2 hours ago, Mikey89 said:

Will the Dark Rock 4 be enough ?

It should be. It’s a more appropriate type cooler than your current one which Be Quiet themselves say is more suited to a Small Form Factor/HTPC. 

You’ll have 6 x 6mm heat pipes vs 4 with current cooler.

You’ll have a Silent Wings 135mm fan (1400RPM max) v Pure Wings 2 120mm fan (1500RPM max) [others with more knowledge of Be Quiet fans can elaborate on this]. But as the name suggests, the Silent Wings 3 is a quieter fan. It has a Fluid Dynamic bearing v Rifle bearing in your current cooler & a larger fan, which shouldn’t need to spin as fast as your current one to push the same air.

2 hours ago, Mikey89 said:

Or maybe i should just get the Dark Rock PRO 4 ?

If money’s no object, then go for it, & you’ll have a cooler that’ll last another CPU upgrade, maybe more.

Keep in mind you only have 2mm clearance in your case, which means if you need to move the fan up to clear your RAM, it may not fit.

Let others respond here before making a decision. I’ve just gone of specifications & stuff I’ve picked up on over time. But its always better to hear from those who have used the parts you’re considering.

There are also cheaper options that may perform similarly or better, but since you have your eye on the Be Quiet range, I’ve just tried to provide info on them.

2 hours ago, Ralfi said:

It should be. It’s a more appropriate type cooler than your current one which Be Quiet themselves say is more suited to a Small Form Factor/HTPC. 

You’ll have 6 x 6mm heat pipes vs 4 with current cooler.

You’ll have a Silent Wings 135mm fan (1400RPM max) v Pure Wings 2 120mm fan (1500RPM max) [others with more knowledge of Be Quiet fans can elaborate on this]. But as the name suggests, the Silent Wings 3 is a quieter fan. It has a Fluid Dynamic bearing v Rifle bearing in your current cooler & a larger fan, which shouldn’t need to spin as fast as your current one to push the same air.

If money’s no object, then go for it, & you’ll have a cooler that’ll last another CPU upgrade, maybe more.

Keep in mind you only have 2mm clearance in your case, which means if you need to move the fan up to clear your RAM, it may not fit.

Let others respond here before making a decision. I’ve just gone of specifications & stuff I’ve picked up on over time. But its always better to hear from those who have used the parts you’re considering.

There are also cheaper options that may perform similarly or better, but since you have your eye on the Be Quiet range, I’ve just tried to provide info on them.

@Ralfi

Thanks for the info !

I forgot to mention something possibly important.

I have 2 coolers each of 120 mm on the top of my case on the inside.

Will the regular Dark Rock 4 still have room if those 2 coolers are there up top ?

6 hours ago, Mikey89 said:

I have 2 coolers each of 120 mm on the top of my case on the inside.

You have two 120mm fans up top?

If so, then you should be good in your case. 

Here are photos of my build showing fans above my CPU Cooler. One fan is 30mm thick & the other is 25mm thick (which I presume yours is)…

image.thumb.jpeg.735a87160c06786859d87b983ed5acfd.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.0e625e580767bf2263ca1f381ee969fa.jpeg

12 hours ago, Ralfi said:

You have two 120mm fans up top?

If so, then you should be good in your case. 

Here are photos of my build showing fans above my CPU Cooler. One fan is 30mm thick & the other is 25mm thick (which I presume yours is)…

image.thumb.jpeg.735a87160c06786859d87b983ed5acfd.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.0e625e580767bf2263ca1f381ee969fa.jpeg

@Ralfi

But would the Dark Rock 4 still have room to for inside if i have those 2 fans up top ?

I think it would be a tight fit even without those fans.

28 minutes ago, Mikey89 said:

But would the Dark Rock 4 still have room to for inside if i have those 2 fans up top ?

I think it would be a tight fit even without those fans.

It’s 7mm wider than my cooler, so use that as a gauge. It’d be a rare case where upper fans would get in the way of a CPU cooler. 

You have an standard ATX motherboard yeah?

1 hour ago, Ralfi said:

It’s 7mm wider than my cooler, so use that as a gauge. It’d be a rare case where upper fans would get in the way of a CPU cooler. 

You have an standard ATX motherboard yeah?

It's a GIGABYTE B55M DS3H

I think it's an mATX