HPZ800/2xX5675, both cpu's running 1/2 speed. ????

Hello,

Have you ever solved this issue?? I'm running into the same issue. (2) x5675 chips on an hp z800 board. plenty of ecc memory, ssd, etc.. 1000 watt power supply. Running a VM is horrid. Task manager shows 1.59Ghz (24/7!!!) I used cpu-z to put a load on processors, and both refuse to budge faster than 1.59Ghz. Its almost like, becuase im running (2) chips, something cuts BOTH clocks in half.... i  put this system together, $29 board&cpu, $30 48gb ram... you know... I'd really like to know whats going on here... this thing shud HUM!! Win10Pro 64! any sort of insight is appreciated,

Do these possibly have thermal throttling? Also, have you checked the BIOS to be sure a cap wasn't set previously in its options?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Tye cpu's stay at 1.59GHz no matter what!!! no more, no less.. 

BIOS has been updated, and detects (2) Processors @ 3.07GHz. And i loaded BIOS defaults, and have peered numerous times, looking for anything like a "cap". If anybody's familiar with this board anymore insight would be appreciated.

Windows power plan, has a) had "Bubble" screen saver, SS activates in 10mins, display is shut down @ 20mins.. It NEVER sleeps/hibernates. What should i be looking for?

Big Stroonz!!!

Your a genius!! that was the issue all along. Windows had the chips set to 50% power at max. Altered it to 100% and now I'm seeing 3.2x, 3.3x Ghz under basic load. The entire machine picked up!!! i knew, even tho its a processor(s) from 2009/2010 24 threads should at least run the OS a _little_ faster than what i WAS seeing!!!! T H A N K  Y O U !!!!

Power Plan should be set to High performance. 

But to streamline this process, download this program:

https://coderbag.com/product/quickcpu

Install it.

Run it.

quickcpu1.thumb.jpg.03f3660f3c1e0d7f00efa8efde52d09f.jpg

All the areas I highlighted in red are your areas of interest. Make sure System Power Plan is set to High Performance. Then make sure Core Parking, Frequency Scaling, Turbo boost, and Performance has all the sliders set to 100%.

This should most likely remedy your issue. 

2 minutes ago, stiggity99 said:

Big Stroonz!!!

Your a genius!! that was the issue all along. Windows had the chips set to 50% power at max. Altered it to 100% and now I'm seeing 3.2x, 3.3x Ghz under basic load. The entire machine picked up!!! i knew, even tho its a processor(s) from 2009/2010 24 threads should at least run the OS a _little_ faster than what i WAS seeing!!!! T H A N K  Y O U !!!!

Glad I could help.

Happy computing! 😎

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Glad I could help.

Happy computing! 😎

Thought I was the only one in the world that uses quick cpu!!! Love the core parking feature, turn that shit off without regedit!