how many RAM slots do you see here?

MS-DOS

I was looking to upgrade the ram on my laptop and I opened it and im confused I see it says it has 4 slots but I only see 2 white socket things to put in the sticks:

F1NmzUU.jpg

CPCsEP4.jpg

ROl9kge.jpg

XfYdCLJ.jpg

I don't understand. How many should I buy if I want to max out? It's an asus n53sv

If I buy 2 8GB sticks, how do I place them for dual channel? do I remove the old one?

Your laptop is wired in for 4 dimms but only has 2 dimm slots there, so you can only use 2.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Your laptop is wired in for 4 dimms but only has 2 dimm slots there, so you can only use 2.

Amazing, all this time I thought this laptop had 4 slots. so I buy 2 8GB sticks I guess. I've seen it can unofficially support 32GB but im not gonna gamble.

That same motherboard was probably used for another, similar laptop that had all four slots populated.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

That same motherboard was probably used for another, similar laptop that had all four slots populated.

Do you have any idea if this could support 16GB of ram by using 2 sticks of 8GB of ram? or im limited to 8GB (4GB per stick?)

The CPU is an i5

Here it says it's 8GB:

https://www.offtek.co.uk/asus/laptop-memory-upgrades/n-series/n50-notebook-series/n53sv-dual-core-2-slots-ram

But I saw this video

See description:

"Also this model supports up to 32GB of RAM, not 16GB like is mentioned in specs."

So now im curious if this will be the same with my laptop, that it will support 16GB and not 8

If you look closely you can see the contact points for the other dimm slots in front of the others.

19 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Yeah the contact pads are there, but they didn't put more slots in.

By any chance do you know if this chipset supports 8GB ram sticks? It says on CPU-Z:

Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Model: N53SV

Bus Specs: PCI-Express 2.0 (5.0 GT/s)

Chipset: Intel Sandy Bridge Rev. 09

Southbridge: Intel HM65 Rev. 05

BIOS

American Megatrends Inc.

Version: N53SV.212

Date: 04/07/2011

Im just wondering if this could officially support 8GB just like the quad core version of this laptop support 32GB but officially only 16