3X680 or wait till gtx700 series

hey I am running a HD7770 and i want to upgrade to 3X680 bit overkill for me but also planing on getting a whole new set if monitors so i can actually play games on good settings. So what u guys think i should do. Go for the 3X680 or wait for the GTX700 series and possibly get 3X770 or 3X680 

Definitely 700 series. It's only 2 weeks! Anyways less cards = always better. You should look to get less higher performing cards rather than more lower performing cards. SLI scaling actually turns pretty bad after 2 cards and some games don't even recognize it and only get the performance of one.

3x780 of course. That's like three titans, but 1GB less GDDR5 RAM for half the price.

He said 3x770. 3x 780 is going to cost the same price as like 4x680 or so. Anyways it would be better to get 2x780 than 3x770.

good point 

or i could just get one 780 and maybe get the new intelchipset 

hey any ideas tho on good pc upgrades

Wait until the 780 comes out. It is going to be based off the GK110 chip and is thought to have very minor differences from the gtx titan at 600$ vs 1000$. However, if your heart is set on the titan, that Is also supposed to take a price reduction of 200$, meaning it will soon retail for around $800. As for Haswell, even though there are those that say It doesn't improve performance much, let me remind you that there are overclocks coming out that say the 4770k can be overclocked to 7 GHz running at 2.24 V all cores enabled, hyper threading off. Keep in mind that these were extreme liquid cooled builds with that of liquid hydrogen involved, but still It says something about the chip. So wait until May 23rd, The rumored release date of the gtx 780 and this summer when Haswell is supposed to come out, Around June.

Hope that helped!

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

you did thanks>

did you here that the new amd processor is 5.0Ghz out of the box

GTX 780 is May 23rd. Anyways Haswell won't do you any good. You'll get much better performance from 2x780 as opposed to 1 780 and a new chipset. The performance increase isn't too big now maybe 5-10% and you can OC to make up for it.

GTX 780 is May 23rd. Anyways Haswell won't do you any good. You'll get much better performance from 2x780 as opposed to 1 780 and a new chipset. The performance increase isn't too big now maybe 5-10% and you can OC to make up for it.

o ok i would think so 

you did thanks>

did you here that the new amd processor is 5.0Ghz out of the box

Yeah I did hear about the new Centurion cpus. They are going to be based off the same vishera architecture as the 200$ FX CPUS, which makes me wonder how good they actually are going to Perform: is it just an oced 8350 AMD wants to make a High profit margin on? But it is impressive non the less. Can't wait to see benchmarks! But 800$, that is pretty steep for an architecture that previously cost 200$ for the flagship model. However, it could have to do with the binning process; in the Sense that it might Take AMD a lot of silicon chips to go through to get the golden Centurion CPUs. I would recommend Haswell, though, and that is the cpu I am most likely going to use in my build this summer, as well.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit