Best Windows laptop under 4 lbs

I had a MacBook Pro 13" for a few years but sold it to my sister because she wanted a newer MacBook than her 2012 MacBook. I loved how light and portable that thing was and I'd like a laptop just as light but I am looking for a laptop with a discreet GPU. I've been looking around and the Lenovo Slim 7/7i Pro X has caught my attention. I'm just wondering if there are any other laptops with similar specs and weight to the Slim 7 Pro X before I go buying it. I would like to use the laptop for light to moderate 1080p gaming and also to casually browse the web from my couch. Price isn't too much of an issue but I'd like to keep it under $2k. Any other recommendations? 

Get a Surface 4

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Just now, PDifolco said:

Get a Surface 4

That doesn't have a discreet GPU.

If you can go slightly above 4lbs, XPS 15 could be an option, and it packs a larger screen + dGPU. Here's the weights for the current model:

271323475_ScreenShot2022-08-12at1_52_52PM.png.b18ec2f1eda8ce8be21829903a2afff5.png

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

-

If I were to get that I'd like to get the OLED screen but I heard the OLED doesn't scale well in 16:10. Like the panel itself isn't 1:1 with 16:10. Although I think it may also be a little too heavy for my liking. I did see that Asus is coming out with a new Vivobook Pro 14 (M6400). That looks more my speed haha

39 minutes ago, ThatSweetGamer said:

I had a MacBook Pro 13" for a few years but sold it to my sister because she wanted a newer MacBook than her 2012 MacBook. I loved how light and portable that thing was and I'd like a laptop just as light but I am looking for a laptop with a discreet GPU. I've been looking around and the Lenovo Slim 7/7i Pro X has caught my attention. I'm just wondering if there are any other laptops with similar specs and weight to the Slim 7 Pro X before I go buying it. I would like to use the laptop for light to moderate 1080p gaming and also to casually browse the web from my couch. Price isn't too much of an issue but I'd like to keep it under $2k. Any other recommendations? 

You are kinda asking everything without comprimises.

Issues with thin and light with a dedicated gpu is cooling. There exists almost no laptop that can actually cool itself properly with a decently powerfull gpu that isn't gimped. The asus flow x13 and x16 are as far as I know the only laptops that don't compromise on cooling whilst still having good specs.

The slim 7 or surface are not moderate gaming laptops. They will run indies and some AAA games at 720p low settings but thats about it.

Just now, jaslion said:

-

I'm not looking for a laptop that prioritizes gaming but one that is capable of light gaming. I'm really looking for a laptop that prioritizes portability>power but also doesn't skimp completely on power. I forgot about the Flow x13. I like basically everything about it but the ROG XG Mobile Interface I/O port because I'm not gunna use the external GPU dock so that ends up wasting some I/O space.

24 minutes ago, ThatSweetGamer said:

I'm not looking for a laptop that prioritizes gaming but one that is capable of light gaming. I'm really looking for a laptop that prioritizes portability>power but also doesn't skimp completely on power. I forgot about the Flow x13. I like basically everything about it but the ROG XG Mobile Interface I/O port because I'm not gunna use the external GPU dock so that ends up wasting some I/O space.

So the funny thing is that the flow x13 has more ports than the xps 15 and lenovo slim 7 :p. Like I'm not joking the smallest laptop here with a port that takes up extra space has more io than bigger laptops that don't have the extra port.

Also flow x16 exists and is still in your weight evelope.