Mouse and keyboard keep freezing under load

stvsteve

Hi everybody,

when gaming (especially overwatch), my mouse and keyboard keep freezing for a second, but the game keeps running smooth. It usually starts 15-20min after I started gaming and won't stop until I close the game and wait a minute. I used OCCT to check my thermals, but they are fine as far as I can see. Nothing gets hotter than ~80°C. The problem persists no matter what mouse or keyboard I use, no matter what usb port I use, even bought a pci-e usb card, suspecting the controllers to overheat, but using it for my mouse and keyboard made the problem even worse.

I run Windows 11 pro 64 bit, all updates installed.

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING (Latest BIOS updated, v 2803)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3800 AM4 WOF

GPU: Gain10GB D6X RTX 3080 Phoenix

System SSD: 2TB 3.5/3.0 MP400 V2 PCIe M.2 CORSAIR

Memory: 32 GB DDR4 32GB (4x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws 4 schwarz DDR4-2400 DIMM CL15-15-15-35 Quad Kit

PSU: PSU 850 Watt Seasonic M12II-850

I overclocked nothing. Only BIOS changes I did were: Enablerd ASUS Performance Enhancement, Enabled SVM Mode and set Legay USB Support to Auto. 

I attached a DxDiag.txt, if it helps. 

I'm pretty desperate, this problem persisted through months, and I run out of ideas. 

Big thanks to everybody who helps on this forum (and especially me ^^) 

DxDiag.txt

This very well could be due to unstable/barely stable overclock. As I too had issues like this when I was testing my AM4 CPUs clocks.

22 minutes ago, stvsteve said:

ASUS Performance Enhancement,

Try disabling that and see if it makes it any better.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hi Levent!

Thank you for your hint! Unfortunately that wasn't it. Disabled ASUS Performance Enhancement and still the problem persists. 

Do you have any other ideas?

I'm starting to suspect that my motherboard might be broken, but I need to be sure before I send it in for a replacement. The problems started when I attached the m2 ssd on slot 2 instead of 1. The result was BSODs when gaming. But when I moved the ssd to slot 1, at least that problem went away. 

What could I try to narrow my problem down more?

• 4 months later...

Hello people of the future with the same problem:

Turns out my motherboard was broken. On a whim, and because of desperation I just ordered another motherboard from MSI, and the problems disappeared.

I mean, of course the new one has broken Bluetooth module and TPM is not recognized for some reason, but those issues can at least be worked around without compromise.