Webcams not working windows 7

Martik

Hello. My grandpa asked me to help him install zoom on his windows 7 computer, because when he tried it, some error showed up. It was showing error 10003 (I think) during installation. I fixed it by finding installation file on github that had this problem fixed. It worked so I wanted to give pc back to grandpa but I wanted to try if everything worked in zoom first. I found out that webcam is not working. It is detected in device manager and zoom, but it is blank and cant be turned on. I checked on some webcam tester site to see if it is zoom problem or not. And on that site, it also did not want to turn on the webcam and told me that some other app is using it. I tried it again in safe mode (with networking) but same result. I tried to make windows update drivers, but it told me that latest drivers are already installed. I tried using 3 different webcams, different ports but all had the same problem. All of them were plug and play and all of them worked fine after connecting them to another pc. Do you please have any suggestions or solutions ? 

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What webcam?

I tried Ausdom AW635, Niceboy STREAM PRO, Ausdom AW615S and now also Trust Exis Webcam

1 hour ago, Martik said:

I tried Ausdom AW635, Niceboy STREAM PRO, Ausdom AW615S and now also Trust Exis Webcam

do any of these actually have windows 7 drivers available?

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

do any of these actually have windows 7 drivers available?

All of them should be plug and play and I just checked website that sells them and all of them should be windows 7 compatible. So I thought that drivers should install automatically on any supported operating system. Also the Trust Exis Webcam has built in microphone that is working well. 

1 hour ago, Martik said:

All of them should be plug and play and I just checked website that sells them and all of them should be windows 7 compatible. So I thought that drivers should install automatically on any supported operating system. Also the Trust Exis Webcam has built in microphone that is working well. 

did some digging, here's what you did: you bought 5 webcams that are all built to a cost, and rely on universal drivers, which is all fine and good, until you hit some weird incompatiblility between the exact version of the OS, the driver, and which chipset the camera is actually using. since the manufacturers cant be arsed to provide a verified working driver, you're gonna be delving deep on the internet to find shadily packaged drivers that may kick some life into it.

or...

tell your old man that windows 10 hasnt been supported for 2.5 years, which is actually a security risk if you're connecting to the internet at all. upgrading to windows 10 is (still) free, and windows 10 is actually a lot less of a resource hog than windows 7 in many ways. i've stuck win10 on early Core2Duo machines, and they did great. it's no sense you're spending hundreds of dollars buying different variations of what's basicly the same white label webcam hardware in a different enclosure, if the sensible solution is right in front of you.

21 hours ago, manikyath said:

did some digging, here's what you did: you bought 5 webcams that are all built to a cost, and rely on universal drivers, which is all fine and good, until you hit some weird incompatiblility between the exact version of the OS, the driver, and which chipset the camera is actually using. since the manufacturers cant be arsed to provide a verified working driver, you're gonna be delving deep on the internet to find shadily packaged drivers that may kick some life into it.

or...

tell your old man that windows 10 hasnt been supported for 2.5 years, which is actually a security risk if you're connecting to the internet at all. upgrading to windows 10 is (still) free, and windows 10 is actually a lot less of a resource hog than windows 7 in many ways. i've stuck win10 on early Core2Duo machines, and they did great. it's no sense you're spending hundreds of dollars buying different variations of what's basicly the same white label webcam hardware in a different enclosure, if the sensible solution is right in front of you.

Thank you for your time. I was able to make one of the webcams work so my problem is more less solved. I dont know if he will agree with windows upgrade, but I will try to convince him. Again, thank your effort, have a nice day.