How Bad is a 4ms Response Time on a 144hz Monitor?

So basically I found a curved 1080p 144hz monitor on sale for a good price that I want to buy, the only problem is that it's specs say it has a 4ms response time. Will 4ms hurt my gaming performance, or can the 144hz refresh help kinda help cancel it out?

I don't know much about monitors, so I'm not quite sure how it could affect things. I just upgraded from a gtx 780 ti to a rtx 2060 super, so I really want a new monitor for the higher fps.

Since most 1ms monitors lie about response times and come out much slower than that i'd say the same applies to 4ms. If a monitor actually says 4ms on the box then it's bound to be pretty bad.

Whats the exact model? What is your budget?

Maybe i can recommend something better.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Completely fine, for reference human response time at best is 150-200.

But it probably means the pixel GTG response time, meaning how much smearing there is when there is fast movement. 4ms is fine, seems like IPS panel.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

8 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Completely fine, for reference human response time at best is 150-200.

Human reaction speed is at that range, like pressing a car break when a jaywalker appears suddenly.

For reaction time of the eye, 4ms versus 1ms is noticable i think.

For refernece - https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

I edit my posts more often than not

18 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Since most 1ms monitors lie about response times and come out much slower than that i'd say the same applies to 4ms. If a monitor actually says 4ms on the box then it's bound to be pretty bad.

Whats the exact model? What is your budget?

Maybe i can recommend something better.

Here's some picture of the monitor and it's model number. My budget is up to around 250$

Screenshot_20220808-142226_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220808-142234_Chrome.jpg

Rtings would recomment HP X24ih at lower price. And 24" is perhaps more reasonable at 1080p resolution.

if we assume monitor manufacturers dont lie about "get optimistic with" montior specs, 4ms is still only about half the time a frame is going to be displayed.

i'd personally be more concerned with 1080p at 27" being a rather pixel-y experience in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if we assume monitor manufacturers dont lie about "get optimistic with" montior specs, 4ms is still only about half the time a frame is going to be displayed.

i'd personally be more concerned with 1080p at 27" being a rather pixel-y experience in my opinion.

Do you think that that monitor being curved could make the 27 inches more reasonable and less pixel-y?

5 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Rtings would recomment HP X24ih at lower price. And 24" is perhaps more reasonable at 1080p resolution.

The hp x25ih does look nice, but I'm a fan of curved monitors and I want to stick with that

2 minutes ago, Just_Landon said:

The hp x25ih does look nice, but I'm a fan of curved monitors and I want to stick with that

Yeah, well X24ih is IPS - flat monitor.

2 minutes ago, Just_Landon said:

Do you think that that monitor being curved could make the 27 inches more reasonable and less pixel-y?

if anything i'd think it makes it worse, because the sides of the display are close to your face as well.

In that budget range i'd recommend the AOC 24G2. It's a great allrounder 24" 1080p 144Hz IPS monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.