BluRay drive doesnt work inside a Win10 VM on Proxmox

So I recently bought a bluray player (LG BH16NS40 manufactured before 2015) and I wanted to use it inside my Windows 10 VM to rip blurays. However the drive wont recognize and dvds, even non blurays inside the vm and makemkv wont recognize the drive.

I plugged it in my physical pc and the drive works and makemkv recognized the drive.

So now I am wondering if anybody here knows a drive that will work with makemkv inside a vm. I know this might not be quite the right subreddit, but I am desperate because I am working on this issue for 3 days now.

So any help will be really appreciated!

Have you verified it's not the server's SATA cable?

How are you passing it to the VM?

I know PROXMOX gives you the option to use physical media but I believe there's still a virtualized layer to that which may be what's causing the conflict. What would most likely give you the least problems is to pass the BR Player itself to the virtual machine.

This isn't something I've tried. I don't know if iSCSI is an option for CD, so the only thing I can suggest is a dedicated SATA controller. You can pass that to the VM then Windows will recognize the player as being native to the OS.

NOTE: The host will no longer have access to the player.