Upgraded joysticks for PS5 controller?

Sarra

I have two PS5 controllers, thankfully, and an XBox Series controller.

As of now, I have two of the three controllers down. The left stick on my older PS5 controller just let go tonight, and in the same way as the right stick on my XBox controller, leaving me with just one PS5 controller.

Instead of ewasting the two unusable controllers, I'd like to repair both, if possible.

However, I refuse to put garbage joysticks in to replace dead garbage joysticks. Is there a hall effect or similar stick I can buy to replace the 4 joysticks in my PS5 controllers, and a pair for my XBox controller?

If this isn't an option, then I'll simply take these controllers down to best buy and recycle them, and I'll just order a King Kong 2 and be done with Sony/Microsoft BS controllers.

And yes, the absolute first mod I'll do is put the hall effect joysticks on my Steam Deck. In fact, that might be the only mod I do to my Steam Deck (I think my Deck ships on Monday).

Edit: I forgot how both controllers died. So, my PS5 controller, if you move the left stick ever so slightly to the right, it jumps 100% left. It even does it when you let off the stick and it centers itself.

The XBox controller does the same thing. Super obnoxious.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

24 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I have two PS5 controllers, thankfully, and an XBox Series controller.

As of now, I have two of the three controllers down. The left stick on my older PS5 controller just let go tonight, and in the same way as the right stick on my XBox controller, leaving me with just one PS5 controller.

Instead of ewasting the two unusable controllers, I'd like to repair both, if possible.

However, I refuse to put garbage joysticks in to replace dead garbage joysticks. Is there a hall effect or similar stick I can buy to replace the 4 joysticks in my PS5 controllers, and a pair for my XBox controller?

If this isn't an option, then I'll simply take these controllers down to best buy and recycle them, and I'll just order a King Kong 2 and be done with Sony/Microsoft BS controllers.

And yes, the absolute first mod I'll do is put the hall effect joysticks on my Steam Deck. In fact, that might be the only mod I do to my Steam Deck (I think my Deck ships on Monday).

Edit: I forgot how both controllers died. So, my PS5 controller, if you move the left stick ever so slightly to the right, it jumps 100% left. It even does it when you let off the stick and it centers itself.

The XBox controller does the same thing. Super obnoxious.

Hello again!  It would be my advice to ring sony and complain about there poor products and see if they will exchange/replace them.  You shouldn't be having to buy new controllers with that system yet, no chance!

43 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

Hello again!  It would be my advice to ring sony and complain about there poor products and see if they will exchange/replace them.  You shouldn't be having to buy new controllers with that system yet, no chance!

Microsoft offers a 90 day warranty (!) on their controllers.

My old controller is out of warranty. I've had it for more than a year, and the warranty is for a year.

Besides, I don't want another OE style joystick, I want a hall effect or similar tech instead.

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

My old controller is out of warranty. I've had it for more than a year, and the warranty is for a year.

Besides, I don't want another OE style joystick, I want a hall effect or similar tech instead.

By "Hall effect" what do you mean?

15 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

By "Hall effect" what do you mean?

YouTube link is time-coded.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

7 minutes ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

That does look infinitely better than the old potentiometer style of analogue stick that I've myself worn out multiple times.  Do Scuf offer these as an upgrade perhaps?

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

By what you've said, you already have the answer with the King Kong controller.  That seems to be the only controller with that technology so far and it does look fantastic! So yeah, get that controller!

12 hours ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

lol You are amazing, thank you for that. 😄

11 hours ago, JKRsega said:

By what you've said, you already have the answer with the King Kong controller.  That seems to be the only controller with that technology so far and it does look fantastic! So yeah, get that controller!

The King Kong 2 is $70, if I can get upgrade parts for my existing controllers for less money, AND reduce the amount of ewaste I'm generating, I would prefer that route. I have seen non-potentiometer style joystick parts for PS5, but I can't seem to find them right now. Maybe they're out of stock?

12 minutes ago, Sarra said:

lol You are amazing, thank you for that. 😄

The King Kong 2 is $70, if I can get upgrade parts for my existing controllers for less money, AND reduce the amount of ewaste I'm generating, I would prefer that route. I have seen non-potentiometer style joystick parts for PS5, but I can't seem to find them right now. Maybe they're out of stock?

Would you have the abilities or know someone who'd be able to install those parts?  I've seen a friend destroy controllers on xbox360 trying to replace analogue sticks...

8 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

Would you have the abilities or know someone who'd be able to install those parts?  I've seen a friend destroy controllers on xbox360 trying to replace analogue sticks...

I have the ability. Besides, it's already broken, I'm not going to be upset over breaking something that's already non-functional. I might disassemble the XBox controller and remove the joysticks and see if it's possible to clean them. I suspect there's a short on the potentiometer, since it goes to 100% one direction randomly.

11 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I have the ability. Besides, it's already broken, I'm not going to be upset over breaking something that's already non-functional. I might disassemble the XBox controller and remove the joysticks and see if it's possible to clean them. I suspect there's a short on the potentiometer, since it goes to 100% one direction randomly.

If you can do it, get some and get it done!  If you can do it I've got a controller that needs doing👍 In fact I'll help you look for them!😄

Found these, but can't find just the hall effect part on their own.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004452825828.html?spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.2.62ddmCvWmCvWmE&pdp_npi=2%40dis!GBP!£28.62!£22.89!!!!!%400b0a23a516598920638285389eadd6!12000029835208806!btf&_t=pvid:563a9e01-c184-4788-9086-638172967fef&afTraceInfo=1005004452825828__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1659892064

Edited by JKRsega