Can I fit a GTX 980ti on a Dell optiplex 7010 add motherboard

Outspending
Go to solution Solved by JKRsega,

Fingers crossed for you mate.  Please can you mark my post as the answer, need to put that as my sig.

2 minutes ago, Outspending said:

Isn't the 980ti a bit faster than the 1660?

16595051901426183876807082932714.jpg

1 minute ago, JKRsega said:

Not the 1660 super, no.  Super is 9% faster.  Then you could get a new mobo and case with what you saved!  Not giving you bad advice mate.

I see. Well my friend has the GPU already idk if I can send it back. I mean I'm fine cutting the metal bracket. Or maybe even not using a case (for now).

Well your choice bud and that what you just showed me is not the 1660 super, that's a 1660.

1066379807_1660super.png.f508e88bedad383a3e4e0d49dd1b0813.png

4 minutes ago, Outspending said:

I see. Well my friend has the GPU already idk if I can send it back. I mean I'm fine cutting the metal bracket. Or maybe even not using a case (for now).

And that benchmark site is horseshit, do not trust it.

@RONOTHAN## Back me up here please.  User benchmark is fail.

6 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

And that benchmark site is horseshit, do not trust it.

@RONOTHAN## Back me up here please.  User benchmark is fail.

Ah I see. Well idk what I'm going to do. Is there any cons of using a PC without a case for about a month? I mean dust but I can clean it pretty easily. 

3 minutes ago, Outspending said:

Ah I see. Well idk what I'm going to do. Is there any cons of using a PC without a case for about a month? I mean dust but I can clean it pretty easily. 

Use it on a box or whatever!  Just ask on here first before you go buying stuff!

Use it on a box or whatever!  Just ask on here first before you go buying stuff!

Yeah that's probably the best idea. Wouldn't a box be a bad idea since I'm guessing the back of the motherboard might get a bit toasty? I'll probably use a box then 😂

3 minutes ago, Outspending said:

Yeah that's probably the best idea. Wouldn't a box be a bad idea since I'm guessing the back of the motherboard might get a bit toasty? I'll probably use a box then 😂

When I test a computer before casing it, I build it on a box first, to make sure everything is okay.  Don't worry bud, you'll get there in the end with a case and everything, lmao.  I started out the same way, so don't worry about it.

When I test a computer before casing it, I build it on a box first, to make sure everything is okay.  Don't worry bud, you'll get there in the end with a case and everything, lmao.  I started out the same way, so don't worry about it.

Lol, well thanks. Hopefully everything goes well as I'm hoping it will 🤞

Fingers crossed for you mate.  Please can you mark my post as the answer, need to put that as my sig.

12 minutes ago, Outspending said:

Nothing in a computer gets hot enough to worry about. 

9 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Nothing in a computer gets hot enough to worry about. 

Awesome, thanks. 

14 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

Also since the GPU isn't a low profile. Wouldn't it sag a bit? All that weight on the PCIe slot. Since I couldn't be able to close the PCIe lock. To hold it up a bit.

4 minutes ago, Outspending said:

Also since the GPU isn't a low profile. Wouldn't it sag a bit? All that weight on the PCIe slot. Since I couldn't be able to close the PCIe lock. To hold it up a bit.

It'll just clip shut when you put the card into it.  You could even get something to prop it up if it's that bad.