2009-2012 Electronics Art's peak in game quality - Let's talk about those games!

Vishera

My favorites:

2009:

Dragon Age: Origins

FIFA 10

Need for Speed: Shift

Mirror's Edge

The Saboteur

2010:

Mass Effect 2

Dante's Inferno

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

2011:

Battlefield 3

Need for Speed: The Run

Battlefield Play4Free

2012:

Mass Effect 3

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Crysis 2

And not to mention the amount of effort EA put into the sound tracks of their games!

For example these two sound tracks alone and for a free 2 play game!:

EA put a lot of effort into Battlefield Play4Free and it wasn't a cash grab!

Just genuine innocent fun!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

7 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

The soundtrack for NFS Hot Pursuit is truly iconic, it's a very very well done game.

Pretty good sound track,but all of it is licensed songs - Just like the rest of Need for Speed games,

Battlefield Play4Free sound track is all original songs made specially for the game,same goes for other Battlefield games.

Yep,Hot Pursuit is a pretty good game.

Need for Speed Rivals tried to imitate Hot Pursuit but that was poorly received,

Another failed attempt to imitate past games was Most Wanted 2012...

Newer Need for Speed games are fairly mediocre.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

17 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Pretty good sound track,but all of it is licensed songs - Just like the rest of Need for Speed games,

Battlefield Play4Free sound track is all original songs made specially for the game,same goes for other Battlefield games.

Yep,Hot Pursuit is a pretty good game.

Need for Speed Rivals tried to imitate Hot Pursuit but that was poorly received,

Another failed attempt to imitate past games was Most Wanted 2012...

There's really nothing quite like running from the cops in a Pagani Zonda Cinque roadster spitting flames weaving through traffic at 210mph with Cinema blasting followed by Standing on the edge of the earth. That whole game has some truly immaculate vibes. They peaked NFS with that game.

16 minutes ago, Vishera said:

My fondest memories of Need for Speed, will always be from Need for Speed SE, as in the original.  I know I have up through Porsche unleashed in physical form still. I may have HP2 as well? 

2 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

My fondest memories of Need for Speed, will always be from Need for Speed SE, as in the original.  I know I have up through Porsche unleashed in physical form still. I may have HP2 as well? 

The modern era wasn't really favorable for the franchise.

After Most Wanted 2005 EA got into a deadlock with few successes.

They even tried to go the sim racing route to starting with Need for Speed Pro Street and ending with Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed,

Which the developer of the latter left EA and went on to develop Project Cars which became a successful franchise.

13 hours ago, Vishera said:

Mirror's Edge

The Saboteur

I really like both of these games and I think they are often underrated.

Played The Sabotuer recently and it still is a lot of fun but at times you can feel the age of it pretty bad.

Mirrors Edge on the other hand is still solid in every way and on max settings looks very impressive for a game that is over 10 years old.

Battlefield 3

IMO still the second best Battlefield (OG BF2 from 2005 is the best overall). I liked BF3 way better than Bad Company because as someone who grew up with the early 2000s Battlefield games (BF1942, BF Vietnam, BF2) to me Bad Company didn't feel like a true Battlefield (smaller maps, no flyable planes,...).

Still play BF3 to this day occasionally and it still feels great and not like a game that was made over 10 years ago.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Didn't like that one that much. It was just over the top in terms of the campaign and felt like a step down from Medal of Honor 2010. I didn't play it's multiplayer much because BF3 was still a thing and miles better. Also speaking of Medal of Honor 2010 you missed Medal of Honor 2010 in your list which to me had one of the best campaigns/story out of all shooter games from that era. Multiplayer was also pretty fun but the player-base died a bit early because of BF3. MoH 2010 definitely deserves to be on that list more than MoH Warfighter imo. 

Didn't play any of the other games.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

35 minutes ago, Montana One-Six said:

Didn't like that one that much. It was just over the top in terms of the campaign and felt like a step down from Medal of Honor 2010. I didn't play it's multiplayer much because BF3 was still a thing and miles better. Also speaking of Medal of Honor 2010 you missed Medal of Honor 2010 in your list which to me had one of the best campaigns/story out of all shooter games from that era. Multiplayer was also pretty fun but the player-base died a bit early because of BF3. MoH 2010 definitely deserves to be on that list more than MoH Warfighter imo. 

Didn't play any of the other games.

I actually bought Medal of Honor 2010 but didn't get the chance to play it.

I have 500 games in my library so i am not surprised i missed some good games.

17 hours ago, Vishera said:

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Ah yes... a peak in quality indeed. /s

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv