QUESTION: Cable Pin outs from gpu to psu

Wink

Hello my knowledgeable friends, if you take a look at this diagram from Big Elf @ overclock.net, you will notice that for the 4+4pin/6+2pin modular cables, one entire line is ground and one entire line is 12v. 

900x900px-LL-a44ab88f_CorsairAX1200iPino

my question is if this means that the GPU, a reference 780ti in this case, using the one complete 6+2 pin and another 6+2 (without the 2) pin is entirely connected by ground lines on the top and connected by 12v lines in the bottom (when the GPU is installed in a regular type tower case)

if this is the case, when i go and resleeve my psu, i can just connect any 12v line to a 12v port and any ground line to a ground port. because corsair currently have their cables pinned as such:

PSU side connector                                                                  Component side connector

[GNDa][GNDb][GNDc][GNDd+e]                                               [GNDc][GNDb][GNDa][GNDd]    

[12Va ][12Vb ][12Vc ][empty]                                                    [12Vc ][12Va ][12Vb ][GNDe]

i feel like it should be okay for me to rearrange these to make it abcd=abcd rather than abcd=cabd right? as long as 12v is still a 12v and ground is still a ground it will be okay right?

thank you for any help in advance. 

As long as a 12v is plugged into a 12v and a ground is plugged into a ground, it should in theory be right. although I'd plug it in the same way as you found it just to be on the safe side.

Compatible with Windows 95

As long as a 12v is plugged into a 12v and a ground is plugged into a ground, it should in theory be right. although I'd plug it in the same way as you found it just to be on the safe side.

Thats the problem, i know it would be theoretically correct, i also know it would be safer, but it just plain impractical. also it makes for ugly wires

I don't see how it makes for uglier wires? The 6+2 Pin standard is 3 12V Lines and 5 Ground Lines. Just have 2 pins coming out of one of the Power Supply Grounds Lines.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I don't see how it makes for uglier wires? The 6+2 Pin standard is 3 12V Lines and 5 Ground Lines. Just have 2 pins coming out of one of the Power Supply Grounds Lines.

the double line is not the problem, the problem is when the abcd=cadb arrangement