do hd blu ray players allow skipping of ads for standard blu rays?

oali24

I have noticed that basically all blu ray players allow you to skip ads when laying back a dvd, is the same true of HD blu ray players when they play back standard blu rays? Asking because if I see a cheap hd blu ray player I might just buy because of that because I do not care about 4k.

Thanks,

Just to clarify, "regular" Blu-Ray is already HD. HD is defined as 720p and 1080p. You're talking about a 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player. The answer is generally no. Most 4K Blu-Ray players work exactly the same way as regular HD Blu-Ray players, in terms of the menu structure and playing the discs back.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The more they refine disc players--the more difficult they make it to control anything they do.  We're practically at a point now where VHS had more control over skip functionality than disc players.

On 8/7/2022 at 8:45 AM, IPD said:

The more they refine disc players--the more difficult they make it to control anything they do.  We're practically at a point now where VHS had more control over skip functionality than disc players.

In many ways, this has always been the case. VHS has a mechanical FF and RW function - it can't really be hard locked (and even if you did, it would be easily circumvented via hardware modifications).

Digital, even from the first DVD's, always had the potential for this. Some players were better than others about allowing you to skip "unskippable" scenes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)