Which Obsidian Series Case from Corsair?

legend8887

I'm really going towards the 750D but I just can't decide for sure. I am going to put in a GTX 780Ti with plans to SLI in the future as well as possible custom liquid cooling. I am also going to put in a 4770K with up to 32GB of RAM in the future.

I will most likely only have one SSD and one HDD but who knows what the future holds? 

P.S. I love the Obsidian series because of the minimal look to it and of the window. Plus I'm a Corsair fanboy.

I have the 750D and it's really great, I would still have gotten the 800D if I could have afforded it at the time but if it's out of your budget the 750D is freaking fantastic for the price. 

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

I'm really going towards the 750D but I just can't decide for sure. I am going to put in a GTX 780Ti with plans to SLI in the future as well as possible custom liquid cooling. I am also going to put in a 4770K with up to 32GB of RAM in the future.

I will most likely only have one SSD and one HDD but who knows what the future holds? 

P.S. I love the Obsidian series because of the minimal look to it and of the window. Plus I'm a Corsair fanboy.

It all depends on what you want. SLI 780Ti's will get hot, and a full tower has alot more room for cooling. But the 650D also has AMAZING room for a mid tower case and excellent cable management.

It all depends on what you want. SLI 780Ti's will get hot, and a full tower has alot more room for cooling. But the 650D also has AMAZING room for a mid tower case and excellent cable management.

I plan on getting the reference cards that blow hot air directly out of the case.

Yeah I've got the 750D and it's a great case man. Had it for about 6 months now and it's got ample room for a lot of things.

I plan on getting the reference cards that blow hot air directly out of the case.

If you really want to go with an obsidian, id go with the 650D. Mid tower case with huge room and expandability, also a great water cooling case. But, if you really want a small case with HUGE room, id personally go with the Corsair Carbide Air 540. Its a dual chamber case with phenominal cable management and great for both air or water cooling. Small on the outside, HUGE on the inside. :D

If you really want to go with an obsidian, id go with the 650D. Mid tower case with huge room and expandability, also a great water cooling case. But, if you really want a small case with HUGE room, id personally go with the Corsair Carbide Air 540. Its a dual chamber case with phenominal cable management and great for both air or water cooling. Small on the outside, HUGE on the inside. :D

I like that case and have considered it but I don't like the optical drive sideways.

I like that case and have considered it but I don't like the optical drive sideways.

Then id personally stay with the 650D, best bang for your buck Obsidian in my honest opinion. Unless you have your heart set on a full tower, then the 750D is great too

the 650D is not being produced anymore. the EOL started when the 750D was

introduced. and now that the 450D has been released, the 650D will eventually

have no parts support on new-old stock (NOS) inventory.

since you are full-blown corsair, the 750D/760T are you options for a SLI/CFX

build for water cooling. unless you choose to case cut, there are others in the

line to consider. or have no limitations and jump into the 900D and have no

worries.

In the mid tower range of the Obsidian line, the 750D can be beat. I personally would just go with your gut instinct and get the 750D, from what I have heard, its a case that does not disappoint.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

you could fit that in a 350d windowed and also even fit that into a 250d. if you are going for custom liquid cooling, then you might just need the 900d, but if that is too big, the 750 is just fine. but if you are going for a single 120mm radiator, (closed loop) you might be able to fit it in the 250d. 

Stay away from corsair cases, they have poor QA, chances of getting one shipped to you without any problems is slim to none.

Stay away from corsair cases, they have poor QA, chances of getting one shipped to you without any problems is slim to none.

I actually had mine shipped to me in Alabama without a single problem. I absolutely love my 750D. Plenty of room to build in and cable management was very easy.

I actually had mine shipped to me in Alabama without a single problem. I absolutely love my 750D. Plenty of room to build in and cable management was very easy.

I'm in love with my 750D as well.  Oneof the easiest cases to build in I've ever seen.  I did have a problem with my case the first time but then again, I've had issues with othere companies too so I can't blame Corsair too much.  The watercooling options for a case it's size are crazy. 

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Love the look of the 750D!! It was a piece of cake to build in as well. Also, I got 4 cases and they were all perfect, so I think the QA from corsair is fine. (shipped to California)