Why is the wan show always late?

Toxic Tom

Something that really annoys me is when people promise to-do something by a certain time and for some reason then decide that they won't. This is exactly what seems to happen with the majority of wan shows that I have watched. How hard can it possibly be to do a live stream ON TIME? If you know you are prone to technical difficulties (ironic for Linus so called Tech Tips) then at least test it properly beforehand!

It might not be too much of a problem for American viewers but in England it's 12:46 already, sort it out!

Pilates

harder than you think, my friend

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

harder than you think, my friend

Even with properly testing it? I don't see how...

Pilates

Because they have to work on other content for the Youtube channel

A stream is never late, it arrives exactly when it means to.

Then I would appreciate it if we were in some way notified of the start time prior to the show

Pilates

Something that really annoys me is when people promise to-do something by a certain time and for some reason then decide that they won't. This is exactly what seems to happen with the majority of wan shows that I have watched. How hard can it possibly be to do a live stream ON TIME? If you know you are prone to technical difficulties (ironic for Linus so called Tech Tips) then at least test it properly beforehand!

It might not be too much of a problem for American viewers but in England it's 12:46 already, sort it out!

Have you ever tried to run a WAN show? Even more so with the quality, content, preparation & setup such as Linus/Slick's WAN Show?

It's not easy. They're sitting in front of like.. 4-5 monitors.. Modding chat, keeping thoughts straight, reading notes/script, answering questions, keeping all the microphones, audio, video, etc great for our viewing pleasure.

That might be a few of the reasons they sometimes run late.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Even with properly testing it? I don't see how...

have you ever tried streaming, a lot of things go into it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Have you ever tried to run a WAN show? Even more so with the quality, content, preparation & setup such as Linus/Slick's WAN Show?

It's not easy. They're sitting in front of like.. 4-5 monitors.. Modding chat, keeping thoughts straight, reading notes/script, answering questions, keeping all the microphones, audio, video, etc great for our viewing pleasure.

That might be a few of the reasons they sometimes run late.

They are a TECH youtube channel! They should be at the top of their game at this kind of stuff. They also do it every week which one would assume would make it easier?

Pilates

have you ever tried streaming, a lot of things go into it

Then it should be set up suitably ahead of time. I know they CAN do it because they're not late every single time.

Pilates

Then it should be set up suitably ahead of time. I know they CAN do it because they're not late every single time.

maybe something comes up i mean linus does have a family, and probably has bigger fish to fry, rather than to worry about being exactly on time, so you should really calm down

You would like them to take time out of sorting out the problem, to tell you about the problem that they are fixing, to solve the problem of which you want them to fix, so you can get the content. Correct?

Yes. I'd prefer to know they were experiencing a problem, and have an ETA for the show rather than wondering if they had just forgotten or something. It just looks a lot more professional to communicate in these situations (and LMG does seem to have far in excess of their fair share of technical problems [idek how or why]).

Pilates

Then I would appreciate it if we were in some way notified of the start time prior to the show

Follow their twitch channel when signed in and twitch will send you an email.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I think its because they have gotten lazy after sometime as they know they will have enough viewers to make the broadcast a success even after 30 minutes of a delay. 

..I think you're missing the point here.

EVEN with, for example, 2 hours of setup before the show starts, say they sit down and everything was triple checked and looks/works great.

Then they go live.

Enter 602798 problems/unforseen events that could potentially arrive. Now they have to re-scramble to figure out WHAT the problem is, before they fix it as fast as they can.

Just for the record, I'm not defending them to go on the offensive to you. I'm just throwing out issues that could happen in their defense. I have zero insider knowledge.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

maybe something comes up i mean linus does have a family, and probably has bigger fish to fry, rather than to worry about being exactly on time, so you should really calm down

Are you aware of their setup? Last knew, they streamed from the same room that they benchmark from, which means that they have to move the camera and lighting every time they stream from, and if it's really that big of a deal, then why not just watch it tomorrow on youtube?

Yeah maybe I'll calm down soon. I'm just in one of those tech rages right now. I just think that LMG is really professional in most aspects of their work, and the wan show just lets it down a bit, don't get me wrong, I love the show, I just can't help but think I would love it more if it was on time every week.

Pilates

Yeah maybe I'll calm down soon. I'm just in one of those tech rages right now. I just think that LMG is really professional in most aspects of their work, and the wan show just lets it down a bit, don't get me wrong, I love the show, I just can't help but think I would love it more if it was on time every week.

why dont you stop and do what i do watch it on the archives so that you can watch on youtube when you want to, or even if you want to stop watching it for a bit you can

why dont you stop and do what i do watch it on the archives so that you can watch on youtube when you want to, or even if you want to stop watching it for a bit you can

Yeah I guess that's all I can do. It would be cool if Linus takes this on board though (he always tells me he takes constructive criticism very seriously at the end of his videos) then we won't have to watch the archive and the wan show might get a few more live viewers?

Pilates