Can't use dual monitor.

Good day! I just built my first budget pc for freelancing and encountered a lot of problems. Almost are fixed though but the one that really bugs me is that I can't use a second monitor.

I do office works and would always use my second square monitor for Excel or Google Sheets. It's working on the freaking thousand years old pc with GT 220 card and it supported both of the monitors.

My pc has Gigabyte H610m-h motherboard, i3 12100F, rx 570 4gb, 16gb ram, and 550 psu.

The problem is, when I use only one monitor (connected it to the HDMI port) it does work. Both of them will work one at a time. But when I plug another one (to another HDMI port) it shuts both of them off. The pc is still on but the monitors don't. If I try to reboot the pc, it will only read one of the monitor. 

I've updated the gpu drives to the latest and the windows too. I can't seem make it to work. If anyone has the same problem and fixed it, please help me. I needed another monitor to work efficiently.

Thank you!

I'm thinking of installing older version of drivers. I heard that 19.12.1 is more stable.

What exact model of GPU do you have? They don't typically have more than 1 HDMI port and will have 3x DisplayPort.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

1 hour ago, Kid.Lazer said:

What exact model of GPU do you have? They don't typically have more than 1 HDMI port and will have 3x DisplayPort.

It's Sapphire RX570 nitro. It have 2 HDMI, 2 display port, and a DVI port.

You claim that rebooting will cause the system to operate on one of the monitors when both are connected. Can you access Windows display settings (right-click empty desktop space > "Display settings") and see what it shows in that situation? Is your second monitor even detected?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

3 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

You claim that rebooting will cause the system to operate on one of the monitors when both are connected. Can you access Windows display settings (right-click empty desktop space > "Display settings") and see what it shows in that situation? Is your second monitor even detected?

No it's not detected. One monitor will work no problem. Then when I connect the other one, it just shuts both the monitors. The pc is still running though.

When I turned off and on the pc, one of them will work. Most likely, the second one that I plugged. When I tried to detect the other monitor, it just doesn't show up. Maybe you couldn't connect both to HDMI? I'm using an adapter for both; HDMI to VGA. 

4 minutes ago, noobpcstartuppercut said:

[...] I'm using an adapter for both; HDMI to VGA. 

That opens a whole can of worms. HDMI-VGA adapters can be super flaky and weird. I used to run a similar setup on one of our work computers, and I always had to fiddle with it to make it work.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

13 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

That opens a whole can of worms. HDMI-VGA adapters can be super flaky and weird. I used to run a similar setup on one of our work computers, and I always had to fiddle with it to make it work.

Will downgrading the GPU drivers will maybe fix it?

You can certainly try. Do you have access to any other monitors/TVs to make sure your card will output to 2 HDMI-native monitors correctly? That will help narrow down what the actual culprit is. If it works with 2 other displays, then your original displays and/or adapters are at fault. If it doesn't work, that points to a GPU/driver issue.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

23 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

You can certainly try. Do you have access to any other monitors/TVs to make sure your card will output to 2 HDMI-native monitors correctly? That will help narrow down what the actual culprit is. If it works with 2 other displays, then your original displays and/or adapters are at fault. If it doesn't work, that points to a GPU/driver issue.

I just have two monitors here. We've tried this GPU before my friend gave it to me. It works for his dual monitor. I'll try download another AMD adrenalin. I got the latest one. Maybe 2-3 version rollback will work. I'll let you know after doing it later. Thank you!