Any suggestions with this build?

Budget (including currency): 3000 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Open world exploration games (RDR2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, etc,) Minecraft + Shaders. All will either be 1440p or 4k

Other details I'm upgrading from an Acer Predator Orion 3000 prebuilt with an rtx 2060, an i7 9700, and 2x8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram. This is what I came up with for the time being: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/GmLhmr. Instead of a 5600x though, I'm going to get a 7600x when it comes out, along with an rtx 4080 if I can find one. Any suggestions for improvement?

9 minutes ago, Flip_Is_Free_Naan said:

Any suggestions for improvement?

Yeah, don't wait for a "7600X" or even a RTX 4080. A RTX 4080 may release later this year or next year, but you won't be able to buy it for quite some time. It'll get scalped like crazy, and won't be available for at least the first few months, possibly even the first year after release (definitely no where close to MSRP even).

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xsnZzf

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

As excited as you may be for this build, if you're waiting until RTX 4000 / Ryzen 7000, it's not really useful getting fine-grained help on a build like this. Prices will change, you'll need to change your RAM (since Ryzen 7000 is DDR5-only), and any detailed advice we give out here is going to be invalid by then.

Come back in a few months 🙂

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Come back in a few months 🙂

More like a year. 😄 

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos