New Workstation build

lemij31400

4C06DBE8-20C1-44A7-81BF-19057ED62773_1.jpg

PC : Xeon Gold 6230 | ASUS Z11PA-U12s Motherboard | 384GB 2933 DDR4 (12x32GB) | NVIDIA RTX A5000 | Fractal Pop Air | 4x 980 Pro 2TB NVME RAID0

Laptop : MacBook Pro 16″ | M2 Max 12 Core | 30 Core GPU | 64GB RAM 
Camera : Sony FX3 | Sony 50mm F1.2 GM | Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G
Software : Windows 11 Pro For Workstation | Topaz Labs Enhance AI | Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI | RealSR | Stable Diffusion

Solid build there! Is that a Titan V I see? (Typically specs are included in a build log post on this forum.)

I assume this is the Xeon system you posted about earlier. 

Can't help but notice your interesting CPU cooler. What's going on there? Never seen a design like it (that would be able to cool a Xeon chip)

Definitely an interesting board you've got as well, my workstation is just standard ATX. Lots of RAM channels vertically instead of horizontal as typical, few PCIe and a couple USB ports, that's it. Is that serial or VGA up top? 

Quite a cool build.

5 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

*sorry didnt know i could add text to that first post, kinda new to all these forum stuffs*

Solid build there! Is that a Titan V I see? (Typically specs are included in a build log post on this forum.)

I assume this is the Xeon system you posted about earlier. 

Can't help but notice your interesting CPU cooler. What's going on there? Never seen a design like it (that would be able to cool a Xeon chip)

Definitely an interesting board you've got as well, my workstation is just standard ATX. Lots of RAM channels vertically instead of horizontal as typical, few PCIe and a couple USB ports, that's it. Is that serial or VGA up top? 

Quite a cool build.

Yup this is my new Xeon system, Its a Dynatron 1U cooler, all copper and its actually a pretty damn solid cooler, able to keep the CPU under 73c with all 20c 40t at 100% although swapping to a Noctua one when i can. and yes thats a Titan V, i swap cards all the time between my Radeon Pro Duo and Titan V, mainly since when i edit i can levrage CUDA and when im doing my ML upscaling the RPD crushes the Titan in raw compute for whatever reason. 

Looking to upgrade to maybe 40gb NICs soon between this workstation and my NAS, albeit a 10yr old NAS box needs an upgrade or rather have mass NVME/SSD on the machine its self to help relive any bottlenecks with IO

and that afaik is serial haven't tried it to test it myself, although the board does have an IGPU built in although not sure if thats just for KVM or not

PC : Xeon Gold 6230 | ASUS Z11PA-U12s Motherboard | 384GB 2933 DDR4 (12x32GB) | NVIDIA RTX A5000 | Fractal Pop Air | 4x 980 Pro 2TB NVME RAID0

Laptop : MacBook Pro 16″ | M2 Max 12 Core | 30 Core GPU | 64GB RAM 
Camera : Sony FX3 | Sony 50mm F1.2 GM | Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G
Software : Windows 11 Pro For Workstation | Topaz Labs Enhance AI | Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI | RealSR | Stable Diffusion