Jump to content

Bluetooth headphone suggestions

BotherRed

I will be traveling next month and would like to get some headphones or earbuds, preferably buds, but I am open to other options. 
It does have to be Bluetooth, as I use an S22, which does not have a wire jack.

The things that I'd want the most are:

  1.  Noise Isolation
  2. Battery Life

Those are the two things that I am interested in. I know there won't be many things that can compete with my HD 560S from Sennheiser, so I won't get too hung up on the sound quality.

 

The use cases that I'd be using would be:

  1. Noise Isolation for planes, trains, buses, etc.
  2. Music for exercise and jogging.


One friend I asked before making this recommended me these; they look to be an excellent product for jogging, which I'd like, but they don't have any meaningful way to do noise isolation so that I may come back to these later. But for now, I need to look elsewhere.

The two things I know I don't want is Apple Airpods. I don't want to be treated as a second-class consumer just because I don't have an iPhone, and I don't wish to Raycons because I've heard they're garbage.

The Budget is just 500$ 500, so it covers a pretty wide net.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an Apple boy, so I don't have personal experience, but i know @Cocococo would recommend the Samsung Galaxy Buds - both the Pro and the FE.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I live and die by having audio in my life with an average of probably 60 hours of listening a week. I run Sony WF1000XM4s which have fantastic ANC, decent sound, and new I usually get ~9hours of continuous listening with ANC on. 

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am back home and asked other friends about it while at work. I got these recommendations.

The Jabra Elite 4 Active and the Airy Sports, which I'm less inclined to get because they use micro USB instead then Type-C. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BotherRed said:

I am back home and asked other friends about it while at work. I got these recommendations.

The Jabra Elite 4 Active and the Airy Sports, which I'm less inclined to get because they use micro USB instead then Type-C. 

As you've mentioned some Jabras, I can't speak for those specifically - but I've been daily driving the Jabra 75t for 1-6 hours a day for the last 3-4 years.

 

There's an app you can use to create a custom EQ as well as "tune" them. (It'll run you through a test in each ear to "calibrate" them) I'll say they've definitely been worth the money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NinJake said:

As you've mentioned some Jabras, I can't speak for those specifically - but I've been daily driving the Jabra 75t for 1-6 hours a day for the last 3-4 years.

 

There's an app you can use to create a custom EQ as well as "tune" them. (It'll run you through a test in each ear to "calibrate" them) I'll say they've definitely been worth the money.

I'm kind of thinking that as well from what my friend said. Just need to get some free time and sit down and go over every thing.

 

Looking into ones from Sennheiser as well as I actually didn't know that they made Bluetooth ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BotherRed said:

I'm kind of thinking that as well from what my friend said. Just need to get some free time and sit down and go over every thing.

 

Looking into ones from Sennheiser as well as I actually didn't know that they made Bluetooth ones.

Sennheiser TWS are absolutely terrible, since you're on Android Samsung buds are your best pick, Sony buds have stronger isolation compared to the rest of the TWS market, buuuuuuut Sony has had widespread issues with batteries exploding (this was in the XM4 buds but Sony are abysmal for quality control so idk if XM5's are 100% safe) Idk what is the right answer here, the Galaxy Buds FE are the best overall deal imo, Jabra i haven't seen any hardcore IEM folk praise whatsoever (that's a bad sign, usually means they're extremely unremarkable) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cocococo said:

Sennheiser TWS are absolutely terrible, since you're on Android Samsung buds are your best pick, Sony buds have stronger isolation compared to the rest of the TWS market, buuuuuuut Sony has had widespread issues with batteries exploding (this was in the XM4 buds but Sony are abysmal for quality control so idk if XM5's are 100% safe) Idk what is the right answer here, the Galaxy Buds FE are the best overall deal imo, Jabra i haven't seen any hardcore IEM folk praise whatsoever (that's a bad sign, usually means they're extremely unremarkable) 

I see, thank you for the info

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×