PSU makes loud Crackling noise when connected to power source? Normal?

My PSU is not connected to anything, I'm just testing if power goes to the PSU via the AC extension cord into the wall outlet. I have tried this using two different AC extension cords and on three different AC wall outlets.

As I plug my black cord from my PSU to the AC extension cord I can hear a brief crackling noise. This noise happens with the PSU set to "I" or "0"

I want to know if this is a normal noise when plugging in the PSU or a sign of something very wrong?

I'm worried and don't want to connect the motherboard or other things can be damaged...

PSU is Corsair RM Series 850 Watts

thanks🤔

Clicked on those underlined bits a few times wondering why they wouldn't work, thinking they were links, smh...

A brief crackling noise? Not a sustained crackle? That's just a little spark/arc of power jumping from the cord to the PSU. Fine. Anything with a potential to draw a lot of power does that when plugged in.

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Clicked on those underlined bits a few times wondering why they wouldn't work, thinking they were links, smh...

A brief crackling noise? Not a sustained crackle? That's just a little spark/arc of power jumping from the cord to the PSU. Fine. Anything with a potential to draw a lot of power does that when plugged in.

Thanks fellas, all who replied, this was driving me nuts worrying and such>.🙂

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Sorry bout that, I have a habit of underlining for emphasis.... my silly habits.

18 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

My PSU is not connected to anything, I'm just testing if power goes to the PSU via the AC extension cord into the wall outlet. I have tried this using two different AC extension cords and on three different AC wall outlets.

As I plug my black cord from my PSU to the AC extension cord I can hear a brief crackling noise. This noise happens with the PSU set to "I" or "0"

I want to know if this is a normal noise when plugging in the PSU or a sign of something very wrong?

It's electricity.