Question about swapping a motherboard

Sorry if this in the wrong section, 

I have a quick question, if I swap my motherboard to a new one will windows 11 go along with or will I need to do something within windows or the bois of my current motherboard?

thanks for any help given. 

Just now, AleksiDj73 said:

Um the OS is stored in your storage drive and you don't need to do anything to the OS. Once you swap motherboards, you're ready to go

I know it’s a silly question, but needed to double check

2 minutes ago, Judge-mortis said:

I know it’s a silly question, but needed to double check

Yeah i understand but nothing will happen to the OS itself unless your storage drive (where the OS installed) is destroyed then if that's the case, the OS will be gone for good. You can change motherboard, CPUs, PSUs, GPUs etc etc and the OS will stay the same but again as long as the storage drive itself is intact. If you wanna change storage drives, then the OS ofc won't stay the same and you have to change it somehow

Only thing you might run into is Windows might deactivate itself. The solution to that is to call up Microsoft and ask them to help you migrate the Windows key. If you're just running it with the watermark anyway, this isn't an issue and you just need to plug in the drive, then you're off to the races.