x86 Emulation - Did anyone manage to run Windows XP and play games on Android/ARM?

Vishera

So i have been emulating x86 on my phone running Windows 98 and playing games like Age of Empires II,Half-Life and more.

For some reason i just can't get Windows XP up and running so i wonder if someone managed to do that and play games on it at reasonable performance just like i did with Windows 98.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

without a chip and OS that is built to do so, x86 emulation on ARM is a very costly process.

stuff from the DOS era and close after that can be done, because of the low resource requirements, and the very simple requirements from the platform.

winXP makes things a whole lot more complicated, along with the huge leap in resource requirements.

case in point, running games in winXP in a virtual machine on an x86 box isnt even a given.

32 minutes ago, Mosesawp said:

I managed to do so! Didn't try to play any games though because you don't have direct3d drives for your GPU. 

I am emulating some Voodoo card and use the drivers of that card - And it works really well.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566