Computer freezes after 30 hours of uninterrupted plugging into a power outlet.

K1vs

I have a very strange situation with a new computer. Hours of stress tests show no problems (R23, Furmark, Memtest86). Also I haven't seen this problem in games.
    But in web surfing mode, suddenly, usually at the appearance of any tooltip, the computer freezes. It freezes strongly and does not respond to the keyboard and mouse, showing the last frame on the screen. But for example, if I was on a call, then I can continue talking and hear my interlocutors. If I press the reset button, the computer will be stuck on the POST with the CPU failure indicator lit on the motherboard and will not even respond to the reset button. Sometimes when the computer freezes for the first time, the reset button does work, but the computer freezes again after a few tens of minutes of light work. I can only get out of this situation by turning off the power - after that the computer will successfully boot up and work for the next, about 30 hours.
    The most amazing thing is that, for example, if I turn off the power every night (via PSU power switch or pulled the cable out of the outlet), everything will be fine and the problem does not arise. But if the power supply is not turned off at night, the problem will arise in the next two days.

PC spec:

i7 12700k

MSI Tomhawk Z690 DDD4

32GB Kingston Fury DDR4 3600 CL16

SSD 2TB Samsung 980 Pro

PSU Corsair RMx850 Gold

Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact

All components are new and about 2 months old.

I’m not fully sure what could be causing this.  Simple things to try are updating your OS and Apps to see if that mitigates crashing.  However could be a firmware issue, so may be worth checking drivers are in date and maybe even updating bios.

Also may be to do with the PC’s sleep state, as there’s many different types, however not fully sure.

Bios updated, the problem is on two versions of BIOS. I also performed a clean installation of Windows, only with standard drivers - the problem is still there. I only know one way to avoid this hang: "Turn off the power every day, even for one second."  The feeling that somewhere there is some kind of counter that is reset when the power is turned off. Could it be some kind of capacitor in the power supply and on the motherboard?

2 minutes ago, K1vs said:

Bios updated, the problem is on two versions of BIOS. I also performed a clean installation of Windows, only with standard drivers - the problem is still there. I only know one way to avoid this hang: "Turn off the power every day, even for one second."  The feeling that somewhere there is some kind of counter that is reset when the power is turned off. Could it be some kind of capacitor in the power supply and on the motherboard?

If unplugging it every day solved it, then I personally would just keep doing that. It can be annoying but instead of fixing it you could just keep doing that.

3 minutes ago, K1vs said:

Never heard of such things in my entire PC loving life.
Miners or Folders would talk about it if there is one. Especially miners, since they are running things 24/7/365

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

9 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

If unplugging it every day solved it, then I personally would just keep doing that. It can be annoying but instead of fixing it you could just keep doing that.

It is so, it is not difficult to click the switch once a day.  But I'm worried, for example, if this is a problem with the power supply, then if it gets worse, will my computer burn out.  In addition, I want to know the answer to the question - how does this happen and why.

1 minute ago, K1vs said:

It is so, it is not difficult to click the switch once a day.  But I'm worried, for example, if this is a problem with the power supply, then if it gets worse, will my computer burn out.  In addition, I want to know the answer to the question - how does this happen and why.

The issues you are having are so weird and random. It’s really confusing

10 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Never heard of such things in my entire PC loving life.
Miners or Folders would talk about it if there is one. Especially miners, since they are running things 24/7/365

My computer is not on all the time, I always turn it off at night.  But on my old computer, I could leave my power supply plugged in for years and have no problems.  And with the new one, I have to turn off the power once a day to avoid freezing the next time I turn it on.

Make sure the cpu eps connector is fully inserted by pressing down on it both the board and psu, press down hard till it almost feels like you are about to break something, might aswell do the same for the 24 pin atx

Set static oc 1.2-1.25v 4.8-5g p core

not sure if this will fix it but guess you can try

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Make sure the cpu eps connector is fully inserted by pressing down on it both the board and psu, press down hard till it almost feels like you are about to break something, might aswell do the same for the 24 pin atx

Set static oc 1.2-1.25v 4.8-5g p core

not sure if this will fix it but guess you can try

I checked the cables several times already, everything is very clearly latched. I tried turning off the e-cores, setting the static voltage, turning off the turbo boost - this did not affect the situation in any way.

Whats the primary purpose of the PC? Just gaming? It sounds like it could be a memory leak, which could result from a running program that is coded poorly.

1 minute ago, alexjzim said:

Whats the primary purpose of the PC? Just gaming? It sounds like it could be a memory leak, which could result from a running program that is coded poorly.

A simple shutdown would be enough to clear the memory, but I am forced to turn off the power at the power supply. This is something at a lower level than normal applications.

5 minutes ago, K1vs said:

A simple shutdown would be enough to clear the memory, but I am forced to turn off the power at the power supply. This is something at a lower level than normal applications.

Memory leak could totally crash your whole PC tho..

2 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Memory leak could totally crash your whole PC tho..

If I just turn off the computer in Windows in the evening - I will have a problem the next day.  If I also turn off the power on the power supply - the next day everything will work fine.  It doesn't look like a memory leak issue.

5 minutes ago, K1vs said:

If I just turn off the computer in Windows in the evening - I will have a problem the next day.  If I also turn off the power on the power supply - the next day everything will work fine.  It doesn't look like a memory leak issue.

When you shutdown using the buttons in the start menu, does it fully shut down or hang up?  Can you test for a few days with XMP turned off?  Plugged into a surge protector?

Also were you benching the CPU or actually stressing? Prime95 is my go-to

18 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

When you shutdown using the buttons in the start menu, does it fully shut down or hang up?

Fully shut down. But if after that I do not turn off the power - the next day it will hang, exactly the next day. If I turn it on after a couple of hours, everything will work.

22 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Can you test for a few days with XMP turned off? 

Already tried, nothing has changed

24 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Plugged into a surge protector?

Yes

25 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Also were you benching the CPU or actually stressing? Prime95 is my go-to

Cinebench R23 Multi and Single core about 7 hours - all stable.

2 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Sounds like a psu problem, try another Psu.  Next step mobo. 

I think so too, but I don’t have an extra power supply or motherboard)

I've had similar issue with my old PC 5 years ago. It wouldn't start at all. It also got worse during winter, never had the problem during summer.

I think it had something to do with CMOS / capacitors... Making sure that I had PC power cable pulled out overnight was the solution. But if I remember correctly keeping power button pressed for half a minute helped as well. But it's been a while, so I don't remember the details.

2 hours ago, Nex6 said:

I've had similar issue with my old PC 5 years ago. It wouldn't start at all. It also got worse during winter, never had the problem during summer.

I think it had something to do with CMOS / capacitors... Making sure that I had PC power cable pulled out overnight was the solution. But if I remember correctly keeping power button pressed for half a minute helped as well. But it's been a while, so I don't remember the details.

My old computer started only with the second try in the winter, but after three years this problem resolved itself. It is a bit of a shame that expensive components have a poor elemental base.