The 8 pin on my motherboard needs a specific 8 pin connect but my psu 8 pin is different

Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
1 minute ago, ShiroEerie said:

Its a i3 8100 and a b360m k Asus prime,
1tb hdd

8gb 2400 mhz avexir

Strikex 500w +80

this is not a high power one right? so it works with the house on square?

Just use the power cable as is.
All of our PSU cable for CPU are most likely like yours.
Same  goes for the motherboard terminal shape.
In the link I gave earlier I put my Corsair HX CPU cable plug shape, and my motherboard CPU terminal shape.
It's the same as yours.

It needs the hole to be Square/house/house/square - Above. House/square/square/house - below

but my psu has 1 4pin that fits perfectly but the other has 4 house pin holes which does not work for my mobo Asus B360m-k

20220707_143745.jpg

20220707_143726.jpg

Klip on this side:

image.png.3175ec618f3668c0cd448dafdbad4594.png

You can also run with 1x 4 pin

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The “house” pins can also fit in the square pin holes. So just move it around until it fits and if that doesn’t work you could try 1x4 pin connector instead of 2x4

8 minutes ago, ShiroEerie said:

It needs the hole to be Square/house/house/square - Above. House/square/square/house - below

but my psu has 1 4pin that fits perfectly but the other has 4 house pin holes which does not work for my mobo Asus B360m-k

If that cable from PSU says "CPU" or "EPS" on it's side.
It's the right cable.

Your motherboard CPU power terminal layout if the clip side is on top
House - Square - Square - House
Square - House - House - Square

Also, check what @DoctorNick said above.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, alex.ausmus said:

The “house” pins can also fit in the square pin holes. So just move it around until it fits and if that doesn’t work you could try 1x4 pin connector instead of 2x4

will 1 4pin connector still work?

4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Klip on this side:

image.png.3175ec618f3668c0cd448dafdbad4594.png

You can also run with 1x 4 pin

so its okey to put the house pin on the square ones?

so its okey to put the house pin on the square ones?

Yes.
As long the cable says CPU or EPS.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

If your CPU isn't a high power one, and you don't OC.
Yes most likely it will.

1tb hdd

8gb 2400 mhz avexir

Strikex 500w +80

1tb hdd

8gb 2400 mhz avexir

Strikex 500w +80

In the link I gave earlier I put my Corsair HX CPU cable plug shape, and my motherboard CPU terminal shape.
It's the same as yours.

Refresh before you reply

1tb hdd

8gb 2400 mhz avexir

Strikex 500w +80

Yes it'll work with one. Check what goes to what. There is only one way it'll fit. From the looks of it, everything looks normal, but you might have force shaped one or more squares into the round shape, cant really tell from the picture

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

It's the same as yours.

I agree. It's a standard like USB.. They are all the same.

FS in Denmark/EU:

The SQUARE pins in the motherboard header accept both SQUARE and D-shaped pins.

The pins have different shapes so that user will not be able (or at least have a very hard time) plugging the wrong connector into the header. For example, the pci-e 8pin connectors should be keyed in such a way that you would not be able to insert them in the EPS (cpu 8 pin) connector.

Originally, motherboards had only a CPU 4 pin header. Later, they made the EPS (CPU 8 pin) header to be used mostly on server motherboards, because those were more power hungry and they designed it so that you could plug a 4 pin connector from a power supply into half of that CPU 8 pin header. 

Now the EPS 8 pin header is very common and all power supplies have such connector, but some power supplies still make it possible to split the 8 pin connector into 2  4 pin parts, so that you could plug one 4 pin part into a 4 pin header if you have such old motherboards.

Some manufacturers change slightly the shape of some pins in these 2  4 pin parts so that you could plug either of the 4 pin parts into a 4 pin header on motherboard, not just one of those two. That's why the shape of the pins doesn't match the shape of the EPS 8 pin header on the motherboard.