DDR5 Memory - Corsair Vengeance vs. G.Skill Trident Z5...?

Any thoughts on  Corsair Vengeance vs. G.Skill Trident Z5...?

20-236-827-V01.jpg

G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5.jpg

Whichever is cheaper and has less latency it doesn’t really matter what company you get it from if they have the same specs

Just buy some "cheap" bare pcb hynix off ebay and thatll acheive the same or higher speeds via overclock, dont wanna overclock? Get lost, 7000+ minimum for futureproofing ddr5 and actually getting a performance benifit from it

Cant find thaiphoon burners of the specific hynixes they use for those high bin kits but if you do just ask the seller for that ic and now youve got cheap ddr5 that will completely annihilate all the lowbins with trash ics and match the higher end ddr5 kits that use the same hynix ic

Only "drawback" would be aesthetics but real men prefer performance over aesthetics 😉

22 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Only "drawback" would be aesthetics but real men prefer performance over aesthetics 😉

👍

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

54 minutes ago, NGamer said:

Any thoughts on  Corsair Vengeance vs. G.Skill Trident Z5...?

Considering how expensive DDR5 still is then the cheaper of the two. If it was me I would go DDR4.

When I built my system I went with DDR4. I'm only switching to DDR5 because I found a killer deal. $300 for 64gb. If you're paying sticker price, it makes no sense to go DDR5.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Vengeance is typically the entry level to intermediate level of memory 

Trident Z5 will be intermediate to pro level of memory.

That being said, the Trident Z5 will probably have better ICs and clock better. Plus it looks pretty slick, but that's m.o..

As long as you can hit 6400mhz or faster with whatever DDR5 you get, you'll be in a good spot.

1 hour ago, Guest 5150 said:

Plus it looks pretty slick, but that's m.o..

I haven't seen DDR5 Tridents yet.. those are sexeh AF. You can bet I would be touching them inappropriately upon insertion..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14