Help with new build

MarcusM

Budget (including currency): 2.5k AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly MMOs

This will be my first actual build. ive rebuilt my current PC but into a new case and some upgraded parts but this will be the first start from scratch build that i will attempt. 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/markuseng/saved/#view=yjGt3C

i live rural so parts have to be delivered, free shipping is a bonus on any piece of equipment. 

any recommendations on changes is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance.

Marcus

Some things I see now

I've heard that the msi aios had a lot of problems with buildup in their pumps, so I'd get a better one or an air cooler 

While decently priced for a z690, I'd get a b660 instead since 12600k dosent give the most perfromance on 12th gen.

AFAIK Kingston drives a terrible so I'd just get a cheap 2tb drive, since they will probably be cheaper than 200 aud

Not bad, but you can do a bit better for this system. 

1. The 12600KF is in a rather odd position IMO. If you need the E cores found on it, you're probably better off spending the extra money on a 12700F and saving the money for a B660 board instead. If you don't need the E cores, you might as well save the $100 and get a 12400F instead, in games the performance will be pretty similar (especially if you want to wait a month for the B660M Mortar MAX to release where you can actually overclock the 12400F to ~5.2GHz given decent cooling). I'd lean towards the 12400F route, though the 12600KF definitely makes more sense in Australia than it does in the US (it's basically the exact same price as the superior 12700F). 
  2. MSI has had a pretty bad track record with AIOs, I'd avoid them unless you get them for free. Plus, a 12400F doesn't really need much cooling, a $30 cooler is more than good enough (the stock cooler is even good enough). Also you don't need thermal paste, a cooler comes with some. 
  3. You can get cheaper RAM that will perform the same and still have RGB. 
  4. You might as well just get a single 2TB drives instead, it'll perform better and cost less.

Doing all that you can afford to get a 6900 XT instead, it's a much, much faster GPU than the 3070 for $100 more. 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/xjnvbK

I agree about getting one two Terabyte instead of two one Terabyte drives. Also if you can swing a 6900xt in your budget that is a much better card if you don’t care about ray tracing. between a 3080 and 3090 in traditional rendering. But I would recommend the arctic freezer 34 esports duo or the noctua nhu 14 redux for a cpu cooler both come highly recommended from gamers nexus