Cable kits for extra pcie

dead man jack

If a psu has 6 250 sockets (eg a corsair 1000 w that has 6 outlets that can be used for cpu or pcie ), i should be able to order a extra cable kit and use the cables in the pcie/cpu sockets in order to drive 6 pcie power cables ,as long as i respect the 80% continues rule this should be fine right ?

i do have break out boards but i want to run some of my compute rigs in my room and in rooms next to where my family sleep so i want to use standard atx PSU's to keep noise down .

If your modular power supply has additional PCIe connectors then you can add additional cables. You will need to buy cables that are compatible with your particular model of power supply, for Corsair PSUs you can refer to their cable compatibility chart: https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

If it's a 1000W Corsair unit then it would be one of the models using either Type 3 or Type 4 modular cables, which are interchangeable with each other. As long as you buy from a reputable seller and they are advertised as Corsair PCIe cables you should be fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by 250 sockets or 80% continues rule.

If it's a 1000W power supply then you are limited to 1000W total output no matter how many PCIe cables you add, as that is a limitation of the power supply not the included cables.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If your modular power supply has additional PCIe connectors then you can add additional cables. You will need to buy cables that are compatible with your particular model of power supply, for Corsair PSUs you can refer to their cable compatibility chart: https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

If it's a 1000W Corsair unit then it would be one of the models using either Type 3 or Type 4 modular cables, which are interchangeable with each other. As long as you buy from a reputable seller and they are advertised as Corsair PCIe cables you should be fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by 250 sockets or 80% continues rule.

If it's a 1000W power supply then you are limited to 1000W total output no matter how many PCIe cables you add, as that is a limitation of the power supply not the included cables.

I did not explain my question well , If a modular power supply (say a 1000w corsair ) has  6 interchangeble outlets for cpu or gpu cords, say i don't need the cpu cords , can i order a cable kit and plug the new gpu power cords into those sockets that can do either and would normally be taken up by the cpu cords 

Just now, dead man jack said:

If a modular power supply (say a 1000w corsair ) has  6 interchangeble outlets for cpu or gpu cords, say i don't need the cpu cords , can i order a cable kit and plug the new gpu power cords into those sockets that can do either and would normally be taken up by the cpu cords 

Yes, that's fine. On the PSU (for Corsair PSUs) where the cables plug in the PCIe and CPU outputs are wired the same, you can use those ports on the PSU for either PCIe or CPU power cables and you can use any configuration of cables you want. All PCIe cables. All CPU cables. Half and half. Doesn't matter.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yes, that's fine. On the PSU (for Corsair PSUs) where the cables plug in the PCIe and CPU outputs are wired the same, you can use those ports on the PSU for either PCIe or CPU power cables and you can use any configuration of cables you want. All PCIe cables. All CPU cables. Half and half. Doesn't matter.

Thank you very much Spotty 🙂