Can my CD drive play Roms?

SPARKZ_0

I've never seen a DVD drive that can't also at least read CDs.

Just try it! The worst thing that can happen is it won't read. If you don't want to put your favorite game on the line, then try a music CD instead.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I've never seen a DVD drive that can't also at least read CDs.

Just try it! The worst thing that can happen is it won't read. If you don't want to put your favorite game on the line, then try a music CD instead.

Well i dont have the game yet or aniything else but i might go to a store and ask there because i dont want to pay for nothing

5 minutes ago, ThatTf2Dude said:

Well i dont have the game yet or aniything else but i might go to a store and ask there because i dont want to pay for nothing

There are no CD drives that go in a computer that aren't CD-ROM, hence why it's over IDE (or SATA now). It'll work fine. 

Any level of optical media reader should be backward compatible, just not forward. As in DVD should be able to read DVD, but CD cannot read DVD. Blu-Ray may or may not read DVD, though I should think it would.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!