Best pbo settings for 5800x?

It shouldn't be, not at stock settings. That comes when you start tuning. If you are on the newest AGESA it should be a walk in the park since AMD put a voltage limit in place. I remember getting 1.55v, then 1.5v, now they cap it at 1.425v, very tough getting to the tippy top of the boost range on more than one core. But it should solve many peoples over heating issues. I am on the newest AGESA, but I will be going back to an older one shortly. I miss my 1.5v 馃槃

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

20 minutes ago, freeagent said:

It shouldn't be, not at stock settings. That comes when you start tuning. If you are on the newest AGESA it should be a walk in the park since AMD put a voltage limit in place. I remember getting 1.55v, then 1.5v, now they cap it at 1.425v, very tough getting to the tippy top of the boost range on more than one core. But it should solve many peoples over heating issues. I am on the newest AGESA, but I will be going back to an older one shortly. I miss my 1.5v 馃槃

I never tried the stock settings (pbo enabled, nothing else). Will that also help with the temps?聽

If it ends up with the same results, will just leave it off/auto

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

46 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Will that also help with the temps?

Better cooling will get better temps.

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

Will give that a shot.聽

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

Went into the bios and just enabled PBO (not manual or auto option). Will see if that helps out temps too

Also there is an eco (95w, 65w) and enhanced option. Might be worth trying those. Pretty sure enhanced would just increase the temps while eco would reduce them.聽

17 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Went into the bios and just enabled PBO (not manual or auto option). Will see if that helps out temps too

Also there is an eco (95w, 65w) and enhanced option. Might be worth trying those. Pretty sure enhanced would just increase the temps while eco would reduce them.聽

PBO on its own isn't going to help temperatures without tweaking, if anything they'll get worse as you're allowing the system to use more power.聽

The key to lower temps is the Curve Optimizer.聽

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

PBO on its own isn't going to help temperatures without tweaking, if anything they'll get worse as you're allowing the system to use more power.聽

The key to lower temps is the Curve Optimizer.聽

Just realized that while testing. Just left it back on auto instead. Perhaps in the future I will test curve optimizer

• 5 months later...

@freeagent聽Hey Dude, nice to meet you. I would like to know how to get the best Performance out of my Ryzen 7 5800x but with Low temps. I am using ALL Auto in Bios, advanced pbo with -25 Curve. I am a competitive fps player, i would like to get the most out of this cpu but with l dont really know what to touch without makin it worse. Can i have any suggestion? Ryzen 7 5800x 16GB 3600mhz CL18 Ram, XFX RX 6800 XT. 850W Gold + psu.

Just now, Reverbs said:

@freeagent聽Hey Dude, nice to meet you. I would like to know how to get the best Performance out of my Ryzen 7 5800x but with Low temps. I am using ALL Auto in Bios, advanced pbo with -25 Curve. I am a competitive fps player, i would like to get the most out of this cpu but with l dont really know what to touch without makin it worse. Can i have any suggestion? Ryzen 7 5800x 16GB 3600mhz CL18 Ram, XFX RX 6800 XT. 850W Gold + psu.

Hey Thanks man, nice to meet you 馃檪

I think I oc mine a bit different than everyone else. I set the PBO limits to advanced, manual, and I enter my own settings. But before I do that..

I figure out the absolute max PPT the CPU can put out by running something like Linpack Xtreme, adjusting limits as well as clock over ride. I try to find the best of ST/MT combo. It works well for me..

A quick and dirty for you:

200PPT/140TDC/180EDC, and maybe a -25 all core curve. The PPT settings are what I used to run on my 5900X, but I use those settings on my 5600X. It is stable at 4800MHz, But I run it at 4850 anyways 馃槃

That should get you to the full 5050MHz. to do that you should be using a bios with AGESA 1203. If not you will be core voltage limited by the newer bioses. You can still hit the tippy top, but only on maybe a couple of cores instead of many.