PC won't reboot after new GPU install

A few days ago, I went from a GTX 1080 to an 6900XT.  Everything went together fine, I used DDU beforehand to remove all of the NVIDIA GPU drivers and then installed the Radeon software direct from their website.  All games that I tried were working fine and I had expected performance increases.

On Wednesday, I both upgraded to Windows 11 and a new GPU driver was installed, so I am not sure if this issue occurred before that or not as I generally don't reboot my PC, but rather shut down at night and power it on the next morning, which it still typically does just fine.  I have a hard time thinking either one of these changes are to blame though since this issue appears to happen while the system is POSTing and not yet into the OS.

The issue I am running into is that I currently am unable to reboot the PC.  If I do, the motherboard, fan and GPU lights stay lit and fans continue to run, but I do not POST (at least from what I can see, which is nothing on the display).  USB doesn't appear to be working either as neither my keyboard nor my mouse light up.  The VGA light on the motherboard is lit when this happens.  To fix, I have to pull power and then cold boot a couple of times until everything is recognized, then it boots into Windows fine and functions totally normal.  

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

Motherboard: MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI

GPU: XFX Radeon 6900XT

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850W

The motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS, the only BIOS changes I have made is that I enabled Game mode as well as OC for the RAM to 3000MHz.  I also enabled the required settings for SmartAccess Memory.  Game mode and OC RAM have been in place for years.

Needless to say, I never had this issue with the GTX 1080.  The CPU/MOBO/RAM/PSU have all been the same for the past three years or so.  Definitely something to do with the GPU.  At this point it is VERY close to becoming a 3080ti, but who is to say I wouldn't have similar issues.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well have you tried booting without you GPU installed? Take it out, plug display cable into motherboard and see what it does. If it works then GPU is to blame, if it doesn't something went wrong with the Win 11 install. If you bought it new you can always ask for a refund or better yet, replace it with a different new card.

21 minutes ago, drewsid said:

OC for the RAM to 3000MHz

Also slow memory, especially for a Ryzen. Should be a minimum of 3200MHz. That's like 5+% performance you're losing.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

12 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Well have you tried booting without you GPU installed? Take it out, plug display cable into motherboard and see what it does.

It will do nothing as the 3700X has no iGPU.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

It will do nothing as the 3700X has no iGPU.

There's no way it can't produce an image. I remember when my GPU crashed, had to take it out at do a DDU with just my 2700X running Got like 2fps in windows but was doable or my CPU is Jesus.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

1 minute ago, venomtail said:

There's no way it can't produce an image. I remember when my GPU crashed, had to take it out at do a DDU with just my 2700X running Got like 2fps in windows but was doable or my CPU is Jesus.

Absolutely impossible, there is nothing wired to the motherboard display ports if the CPU has no GPU in it.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Well then OP it's ur GPU that's at fault. Apparently it's impossible for non G to display an image. Get some cheap card to display you an image otherwise you won't be able to diagnose problem.