Black screen while gaming requiring reboot

Hey there,

I'm having black screen while gaming, my screen go black and I hear the sound off the game for 2-3 seconds then nothing, I have to force reboot each time, and sometimes I can play 2hours without crashing and some others times it will take less than an hour to have Black screen. It didnt do it in the first weeks I had the PC.

I'm having same issues but my specs are :

Operating System:    Microsoft Windows 10 Famille(10.0.19044 Build 19044) crack version
Physical Memory (Installed):    16 GB
Processor:    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz
Total Installed Updates:    30 Updates - See Detailed View for more information
Display Adapter(s😞    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 
System Manufacturer:    Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model:    MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI (MS-7C73)
Disk(s):    Samsung SSD 980 1TB    440,60 GB (available)    10.0.19041.789

Monitor : G27Q Gigabyte

Power Supply : LEPA 700W

USING WATERCOOLING ON CPU : RAIJINTEK EOS RGB

Here is my Benchmarks results :

UserBenchmarks: Game 120%, Desk 92%, Work 131%
CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K - 87.4%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 - 141.2%
SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 236.8%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 45.4%( Performing way below average)
MBD: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI

I have all the latest drivers for Monitor, motherboard and GPU.  I have already check with core temp application, my CPU is not going over 78° while gaming and my GPU stays at a steady 80°, so i've eliminated the overheating problems.
I have DRAM DebuG LED that light on while booting and then the LED is turning off. PC was booting fine with 4 sticks of RAM at the beggining but one day it refuses too boot at all so I had to took out some of the stick.

I've took out the sticks on slot 1 and 3 and it's booting now. I've test each of my RAM individually on the slot 2 and while gaming I get those black screen with every single one of the stick. So i'm starting to eliminate the RAM as a problem but it might come from the slot itself.
Somebody told me it could be a motherboard issue but I have no way to check that except replacing the motherboard.

Could somebody please have some inputs on that matter?

Regards

You didn’t list which power supply you have. Specific model helps too. Corsair 650 gold doesn’t tell us which of their 6 gold power supplies you have. 
Does event viewer show any errors around the time of the crash? 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, Daenym said:

Operating System:    Microsoft Windows 10 Famille(10.0.19044 Build 19044) crack version

you mean a pirated version? i would suspect that first after ruling out the obvious like temps, and drivers, ect..

26 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

you mean a pirated version? i would suspect that first after ruling out the obvious like temps, and drivers, ect..

Pirated yes, it's not an official version. But do you really think this could lead to black screen issues only while gaming?

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

You didn’t list which power supply you have. Specific model helps too. Corsair 650 gold doesn’t tell us which of their 6 gold power supplies you have. 
Does event viewer show any errors around the time of the crash? 

Ive just edit my post and my power supply is a LEPA 700W, I don't have a corsair power supply.

Event viewer actually shows the Kernel-Power 41 issue happened 22 times on the past 7 days and 7 times in the past 24H. The exact time of occurence is actually when I turn my computer on. (and because I have to restart everytime I have black screen, timing are matching).

But I do have a Kernel-Power issue everytime I boot my PC....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i've been trying a lot of stuffs. I think the problem was coming from the monitor, My monitor has the AMD Freesync Premium or something that was enabled and since I disabled it, everything works fine, didn't get any Black screens since.

So disabled Freesync AMD if you have it enabled.

That's it for me I guess, still have some issues with my DRam but it looks unrelated to black screen issues.