Will underclocking my graphics card un-fuck it?

CockDepartment23
56 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Just double check if this is infact your card, then it will be fine, I'm pretty sure this is the nvidia reference model anyway. Most likely if this is another type of the same card, one or more ports is not found and you can reflash with no issue.

It is infact the card in the link, so now just flash the vbios provided on techpowerup?

5 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

It is infact the card in the link, so now just flash the vbios provided on techpowerup?

Yes. Just follow the guide. You can run nvflash64 --protect on, after you have flashed and restarted the computer.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes. Just follow the guide. You can run nvflash64 --protect on, after you have flashed and restarted the computer.

I flashed the stock vbios for this gpu, installed driver, black screen. Do i need to restart after i flash it?

14 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

I flashed the stock vbios for this gpu, installed driver, black screen. Do i need to restart after i flash it?

I found the card that the gpu specs is compared to on the gpu that i use on tech powerup.

The card it is based off of:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 TU106 Specs

The card that im using: 

ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1650 OC GDDR6 Specs

5 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

I found the card that the gpu specs is compared to on the gpu that i use on tech powerup.

The card it is based off of:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 TU106 Specs

The card that im using: 

ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1650 OC GDDR6 Specs

If i  flash the vbios from the other card, it might not brick itself, same outputs, features, except for clock and theoretical perfomance. Surely if there is any difference it wont brick it?

24 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

If i  flash the vbios from the other card, it might not brick itself, same outputs, features, except for clock and theoretical perfomance. Surely if there is any difference it wont brick it?

Looks like the exact same card. What cards bios are we talking about? 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

FS in Denmark/EU:

8 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Search up the graphics card name on tech powerup, plus vbios. I didnt find my original vbios on theyre search function, searching for it on the internet is where i found it

24 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I found something new, when blackscreened on windows, it sometimes does the hardware connected and disconnected, and after a long time, it restarts. (Not sure if i accidentally restarted). And the fans started to spinup. I think this gpu is done.

16 hours ago, CockDepartment23 said:

I found something new, when blackscreened on windows, it sometimes does the hardware connected and disconnected, and after a long time, it restarts. (Not sure if i accidentally restarted). And the fans started to spinup. I think this gpu is done.

? Did you get the new vbios to work

FS in Denmark/EU:

30 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

? Did you get the new vbios to work

Sorry, havent tried them out yet, still kind of scared to flash a bios (flashes a bios two times before)

14 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Sorry, havent tried them out yet, still kind of scared to flash a bios (flashes a bios two times before)

I see. Almost all of the ones I listed have different outputs from your card. This one however is exactly the same. Same clocks and everything. I would try that to see if it makes a difference:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/220412/gigabyte-gtx1650-4096-200317

This is how to do it:

Download Nvflash https://www.overclock.net/attachments/nvflash_5-370-0-zip.50430/

Unzip NVFlash to a folder.

Run an admin command prompt and cd to the folder you made. ie: type in CMD: cd C:\Users\username\Documents\nvflash

Do in command prompt:

To turn protection off so you can flash the BIOS.

nvflash64 --protectoff

Then to backup original bios.

nvflash64 --save filename.rom

To flash bios.

nvflash64 -6 biosfilename.rom - ie: nvflash64 -6 Gigabyte.GTX1650.4096.200317.rom

If screen goes black just hit the 'y' key twice, it'll flash and screen will come back on.

Reboot, reinstall Nvidia driver, reboot again.

After that open Nvflash again

type in cmd nvflash64 --protecton

type exit and enter. Reboot

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

I see. Almost all of the ones I listed have different outputs from your card. This one however is exactly the same. Same clocks and everything. I would try that to see if it makes a difference:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/220412/gigabyte-gtx1650-4096-200317

This is how to do it:

Download Nvflash https://www.overclock.net/attachments/nvflash_5-370-0-zip.50430/

Unzip NVFlash to a folder.

Run an admin command prompt and cd to the folder you made. ie: type in CMD: cd C:\Users\username\Documents\nvflash

Do in command prompt:

To turn protection off so you can flash the BIOS.

nvflash64 --protectoff

Then to backup original bios.

nvflash64 --save filename.rom

To flash bios.

nvflash64 -6 biosfilename.rom - ie: nvflash64 -6 Gigabyte.GTX1650.4096.200317.rom

If screen goes black just hit the 'y' key twice, it'll flash and screen will come back on.

Reboot, reinstall Nvidia driver, reboot again.

After that open Nvflash again

type in cmd nvflash64 --protecton

type exit and enter. Reboot

Hold the freakin' phone!

I just found the exact same card without the factory OC!

It'll surely not fuck itself up?

Factory OC version:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-phoenix-gtx-1650-oc-gddr6.b8404

No OC version:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-phoenix-gtx-1650-gddr6.b8405

It also has a different GPU (no not the entire graphics card)

1 minute ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Hold the freakin' phone!

I just found the exact same card without the factory OC!

It'll surely not fuck itself up?

Factory OC version:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-phoenix-gtx-1650-oc-gddr6.b8404

No OC version:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-phoenix-gtx-1650-gddr6.b8405

Yeah but thats not in the vbios library 😂 Just use the other one I linked, its the only one on the site, close to your card 🙂

FS in Denmark/EU:

38 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Sometimes my stupidity is at it's highest level

EDIT: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/236636/236636

I see! 😄 Yes thats the one, it isn't verified though, so a little more risky. The unverifed ones sometimes dosen't work.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

I see! 😄 Yes thats the one, it isn't verified though, so a little more risky. The unverifed ones sometimes dosen't work.

The factory OC one isnt verified too, but when i flashed it worked, im gonna flash it

2 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

The factory OC one isnt verified too, but when i flashed it worked, im gonna flash it

Cool! Let me know if it works 🙂

FS in Denmark/EU:

30 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Cool! Let me know if it works 🙂

WARNING: None of the firmware image compatible PCI Device ID's

I'd figure it would throw an error out.

Edit: The nvflash version you sent me was from 2017, and i couldnt flash it because the GTX 1650 was released after 2017. I downloaded a newer version.

3 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

WARNING: None of the firmware image compatible PCI Device ID's

I'd figure it would throw an error out.

Edit: The nvflash version you sent me was from 2017, and i couldnt flash it because the GTX 1650 was released after 2017. I downloaded a newer version.

It may be able to flash anyway, but its a risk. I see, good call! I have just used this version because it worked so well for me on 1080ti. Do you still have issues with the current BIOS? 

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

It may be able to flash anyway, but its a risk. I see, good call! I have just used this version because it worked so well for me on 1080ti. Do you still have issues with the current BIOS? 

Like the stock one? Probably?

54 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Like the stock one? Probably?

Maybe test if it works niw, you've already flashed the card once yes?

FS in Denmark/EU: