Will underclocking my graphics card un-fuck it?

CockDepartment23

Hi there, i have a GTX 1650, it was factory overclocked. And also, dumbass me also overclocked the card, which led to graphics failure (i think the vram is dead). I want to see if underclocking will un-fuck it, one small issue though. Whenever i install the graphics driver, it black screens. And overclocking or underclocking is not possible without the nvidia driver, i am wondering if there is a way to underclock it at start, when the nvidia driver are installed. Sorry if this post is retarded. (I use linux and windows.)

Do you have the possibility to use the iGPU from your CPU?

That way you could be able to install the driver...

5 minutes ago, ColdFusion04 said:

Do you have the possibility to use the iGPU from your CPU?

That way you could be able to install the driver...

Unfortunately my CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) Does not have an iGPU. And it sucks because here gpu prices are still doubled than msrp.

3 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Unfortunately my CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) Does not have an iGPU. And it sucks because here gpu prices are still doubled than msrp.

Heck, i would be happy even with an igpu. I cant even play goddamn terraria

Undervolting wont revive dead VRAMs or help you at all (because you cannot control voltage or clocks without having drivers installed). I assume you tried testing the card on a clean install of windows? If so, you just have a dead card on your hands.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

24 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Hi there, i have a GTX 1650, it was factory overclocked. And also, dumbass me also overclocked the card, which led to graphics failure (i think the vram is dead). I want to see if underclocking will un-fuck it, one small issue though. Whenever i install the graphics driver, it black screens. And overclocking or underclocking is not possible without the nvidia driver, i am wondering if there is a way to underclock it at start, when the nvidia driver are installed. Sorry if this post is retarded. (I use linux and windows.)

Maybe try flashing another bios to it. One without factory OC. Also make sure to remove the OC program, MSI afterburner or whatever you're using. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1650.c3366

You can use this guide:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-to-flash-a-different-bios-on-your-1080-ti.1627212/

@CockDepartment23What model of 1650 do you have?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Maybe try flashing another bios to it. Also make sure to remove the OC program, MSI afterburner or whatever you're using. 

You can use this guide:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-to-flash-a-different-bios-on-your-1080-ti.1627212/

You mean a vbios or the motherboards bios?

Can you relax on the coarse language? It isn't really necessary here.

The clocks are baked into the VBIOS, if you're lucky then you can flash an alternative vbios, depending on the card. Aside from that, the card will attempt to boost to it's stock clocks when the driver is loaded. Some miners modify the bios's to underclock for efficency, so that may be an avenue as well...

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Undervolting wont revive dead VRAMs or help you at all (because you cannot control voltage or clocks without having drivers installed). I assume you tried testing the card on a clean install of windows? If so, you just have a dead card on your hands.

Yes. But, about some time ago, (was half dead) i went to the nvidia control panel, and chose debug mode (i think it puts your gpu back to stock clocks). And it worked? Sorry if the thing i just wrote is dumb

Just now, CockDepartment23 said:

Yes. But, about some time ago, (was half dead) i went to the nvidia control panel, and chose debug mode (i think it puts your gpu back to stock clocks). And it worked? Sorry if the thing i just wrote is dumb

Developer settings have no effect on how the card works. Its unrelated.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

The clocks are baked into the VBIOS, if you're lucky then you can flash an alternative vbios, depending on the card. Aside from that, the card will attempt to boost to it's stock clocks when the driver is loaded. Some miners modify the bios's to underclock for efficency, so that may be an avenue as well...

Sorry. I heard that nvidia's vbios clocks cant be changed?

Just now, Levent said:

Developer settings have no effect on how the card works. Its unrelated.

I dont know what the hell it did, but it fixed it for 2 months, and then died

Just now, CockDepartment23 said:

You mean a vbios or the motherboards bios?

Yes vbios

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Yes vbios

And i should try to change clock speeds from the vbios?

Maybe try flashing another bios to it. One without factory OC. Also make sure to remove the OC program, MSI afterburner or whatever you're using. 

You can use this guide:

@CockDepartment23What model of 1650 do you have?

Im pretty sure its this gpu: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-phoenix-gtx-1650-oc-gddr6.b8404

Wont it brick it if flash the wrong vbios?

Just now, svmlegacy said:

Can i flash a vbios from another brand of the gtx 1650 to remove factory OC? or will i just brick it?

26 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Can i flash a vbios from another brand of the gtx 1650 to remove factory OC? or will i just brick it?

Yes. Thats why im asking which model you got? They need to be the same type. Most 1650 is just reference design anyway.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Yes. Thats why im asking which model you got? They need to be the same type. Most 1650 is just reference design anyway.

I already replied to you what graphics card model i have, here it is again:

Im pretty sure its this gpu: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-phoenix-gtx-1650-oc-gddr6.b8404

4 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

I already replied to you what graphics card model i have, here it is again:

Yes but you can flash it back with another gpu. Is your boost clock listed as 1635mhz? If yes, then it's most likely your card. You can check with gpu-z for example. You can also backup your BIOS with GPU-Z. You should do that before flashing.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Make sure to do it like this post show, also the part after flashing, remove drivers with DDU: https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-to-flash-a-different-bios-on-your-1080-ti.1627212/

FS in Denmark/EU:

Make sure to do it like this post show, also the part after flashing, remove drivers with DDU: https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-to-flash-a-different-bios-on-your-1080-ti.1627212/

Also, i do not have a backup graphics card. If its bricked, its bricked. Well, i guess it wont be much of a loss since i already tried everything.

8 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Also, i do not have a backup graphics card. If its bricked, its bricked. Well, i guess it wont be much of a loss since i already tried everything.

Just double check if this is infact your card, then it will be fine, I'm pretty sure this is the nvidia reference model anyway. Most likely if this is another type of the same card, one or more ports is not found and you can reflash with no issue.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just double check if this is infact your card, then it will be fine, I'm pretty sure this is the nvidia reference model anyway. Most likely if this is another type of the same card, one or more ports is not found and you can reflash with no issue.

Hold on, i need to reinstall Windows, for some stupid reason?

7 minutes ago, CockDepartment23 said:

Hold on, i need to reinstall Windows, for some stupid reason?

No just the drivers. You can use the software called display driver uninstaller. Basically follow the guide on overclock.net

FS in Denmark/EU:

12 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

No just the drivers. You can use the software called display driver uninstaller. Basically follow the guide on overclock.net

No it just fucked itself up (the entire os)