LGA3647 based build

LiorBN

Budget (including currency): trying to minimize but upto ~1000USD

Country: ISRAEL (shipping and taxes usually add around 33% ontop of US prices)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: upto AAA games, light editing and rendering, some basic programing and compilation.

This pc will be the main machine in the home

it will also serve as as a mediacenter, media server (storage runs on a qnap jbod), some VMs for minecraft(and other games) servers

and any other application a hhome might need 

Other details

existing parts lists:

Xeon scalable qmq6 (I have 2 of them)

8*16gb ecc reg ddr4 (actually have 16 of those dimms to use)

2*256gb nvme m.2

2*1.6 tb sata ssd

2*6tb sata hdd

1660 super

Some 120mm case fans

parts needed:

Mobo (see my question below regarding this)

Case

PSU

No peripherals are needed,

upgrading from: hp z600 w/ 2*x5675 with 48 gb ddr3 ecc reg,

when you're going to buy- as soon as i find the correct parts...

what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 1440p, 144-165 hz

The most pressing issue is if there are any lga3647 boards that will support this cpu as it is marked as "intel confidential" and i am not sure if it is even ES or QS?

Thought about getting a barebone workstation like hp Z6 g4, but not sure it will take such a cpu

I have found:

an Asus Sage board (not sure if it supports this cpu model)

Phantechs case,

Nuctua lga3647 140mm cooler

And a proper 1000w 80+ gold

For around the price limit i set

And a z6 g4 baarebones with mobo, case, psu and cpu cooler would cost arond half that price...

Edited by LiorBN

sure have this one

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ncTPKp

CPU: AMD Threadripper 3990X 2.9 GHz 64-Core Processor  ($7902.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($349.80 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA EATX sTRX4 Motherboard  ($1989.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB  128 GB (8 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory  ($1199.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($1499.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($1499.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($1949.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer ATX Full Tower Case  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($224.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $16815.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-28 14:16 EDT-0400

will edit if details are added

Edit:

28 minutes ago, LiorBN said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: upto AAA games, light editing and rendering, some basic programing and compilation.

I think your choice of CPU is not good for your goals. It's a super high core count configuration with low clock speed, which is generally not great for gaming. Instead, a 6 or 8 core CPU with a good clock speed that's much newer will provide a well improved experience. As recommended, an i5-12600K is great for gaming right now.

Paired with some non-ecc memory and a decent Z690 motherboard you're set.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

sure have this one

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ncTPKp

CPU: AMD Threadripper 3990X 2.9 GHz 64-Core Processor  ($7902.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($349.80 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA EATX sTRX4 Motherboard  ($1989.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB  128 GB (8 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory  ($1199.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($1949.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer ATX Full Tower Case  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($224.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $16815.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-28 14:16 EDT-0400

will edit if details are added

OP says budget is $1000, not $20000 🙂

Don't understand why he's wanting to build that instead of say a 12600K or better that will just perform much better at everything, and is in his budget... a 12900 is better under CBR23 than a $8,000 Xeon W3265...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

OP didn't include any information other than socket LGA 3646 initially…

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

36 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Don't understand why he's wanting to build that instead of say a 12600K or better that will just perform much better at everything, and is in his budget... a 12900 is better under CBR23 than a $8,000 Xeon W3265...

It wS my bad to press the wrong button on page and post without details which i edited already....

Now for the other question regarding the 12600k

I was doing a comparison to the 12700k (not the 12600k) and it was rougly 650usd more to get that  system as it would require to add cpu and ddr5 mem (no i will not settel for ddr4 if im buying 12th gen)

The whole idea was to use what i have

Knowing that im giving up performance

HTH to explain my strange decisions...

Added some details to post

Also, plz see if you can answer the questions in the end if you have the knowledge plz

You might be better off selling what you have now and getting a higher end system that what you could make now. As @Fasauceome said, you would be better off getting a 6 core like the 12400f, rather then a 16 or 32 core extremely slow cpu. I see 2 options here imo. Either sell everything you have now and buy a higher end system with the new capital. Or keeping the 1660 super, case fans, sell everything else, and just buy cpu, mobo, case ect.

8 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

You might be better off selling what you have now and getting a higher end system that what you could make now. As @Fasauceome said, you would be better off getting a 6 core like the 12400f, rather then a 16 or 32 core extremely slow cpu. I see 2 options here imo. Either sell everything you have now and buy a higher end system with the new capital. Or keeping the 1660 super, case fans, sell everything else, and just buy cpu, mobo, case ect.

The cpus, and mem i already have

I really dont like the idea of buying new stuff (that is why i try to minimize and use what i have)

Also the cpus and ram will already be an upgrade to what i currently have

Going from dual 6 core 3.06ghz to  18core 3.7ghz

And going from 3-channel ddr3 to 4-channel ddr4 

The main issue is will i have any support for such a cpu on a productiom mainstream mobo? or will i have to go through hoops trying to get said support?

20 minutes ago, LiorBN said:

The main issue is will i have any support for such a cpu on a productiom mainstream mobo? or will i have to go through hoops trying to get said support?

It's a good thing to want to reuse hardware, but you're looking at server-grade equipment. The cost of the motherboard alone is a lot, and you won't have a variety of mainstream options.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

43 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's a good thing to want to reuse hardware, but you're looking at server-grade equipment. The cost of the motherboard alone is a lot, and you won't have a variety of mainstream options.

I am well aware of that, and maybe i posted in the wrong forum 

As i mostly wanted the answer regarding the mobo compatibility 

But gus for refferance sake

Here is the comparison i have made of the relevant prices of parts i would need to buy

Prices are in NIS

which is around 3.4NIS=1USD

Screenshot_20220628-235611_Newegg.jpg

Screenshot_20220628-232743_Chrome.jpg

• 6 months later...

So, it has been a bit of time since i asked this question

Wanted to update here, so that if there's any weirdos like me in the crowd, they will have closure and some answeres...

First of all the cpu is a QS for the xeon gold 6150, and it is recognized by cpuz and by the bios and os as a 6150.

I finally setteled on th asus pro ws-c621-64l sage. It cost me about 625$ with shipping And had no issues with cpu compatibility.

The cpu cooler i got from aliexpress, and my only gripe with it is that the fan orientation forced me to not put the gpu in the top pcie slot.

The case was a cooler-master throwaway i found and had to chop and mod a bit.

PSU i got for free from a friend.

Since this is a 6 channel memory board i used 6*16gb 2400mhz ddr4 reg ECC.

Boot drive is a micron 512gb i stripped from a dead dell laptop.

Bulk storage is 2tb pcie nvme +2*1.6tb sata ssds + 6tb hdd.

The 1660 super remaind for now 

The mobo is great and packed with features that i will probably not use more than 80%of, but it is stable, working with no issues even with  this QS CPU, and although it cost an arm and a leg, it still cost less than what i would have paid at the time for a 12th gen cpu+board+ddr5 mem kit.

The upgrade is noticeble

And my son is enjoying it very much

This was also the second gami g pc he built for himself, and i am so proud of him for being able to do that (socketing a lga3647 cpu with a massive cooler ontop is no small feat!)

Attaching some pictures for you to get some sense of how such a system performs (sorry i didnt record tems, but they were very manageable)

Plz dont hesitate to ask anything regarding this build and my experiance

I will be glad to help.

IMG-20230106-WA0001.jpeg

taskManagerCPU.JPG

taskManagerMem.JPG

cinebenchr23multiCore.JPG

timespy_165_550.JPG