Help with Lian Li unifan hub/Strimer+

Bumblefick

I have everything just about setup on my build, but have a question regarding the 5v headers needed for my Lian Li parts. I have 10x al120 fans connected to my unifan hub, and I have the 8pin and 24pin Strimer+ cables connected to their control box. Would I be able to use a splitter cable on the 5v header and plug them both in to the same one, or would that be too much for it? For reference, I have an Aorus z690 ddr5 motherboard, and a Corsair lighting node plugged into the other 5v header.

59 minutes ago, Bumblefick said:

I have everything just about setup on my build, but have a question regarding the 5v headers needed for my Lian Li parts. I have 10x al120 fans connected to my unifan hub, and I have the 8pin and 24pin Strimer+ cables connected to their control box. Would I be able to use a splitter cable on the 5v header and plug them both in to the same one, or would that be too much for it? For reference, I have an Aorus z690 ddr5 motherboard, and a Corsair lighting node plugged into the other 5v header.

See in your motherboard manual how much Amp the header can handle.
Then find out how much Amp all the stuffs you want to connect to it needs/will pull.
I mean, I don't even know whether your motherboard is Aorus Master or Aorus Extreme.
But yeah I'd say it's good for up to 4-5A.

Does the Uni Hub & Strimer Controller RGB connector only data pin, or it also pulls current ?
Lian-Li's website is pretty much lacking details.
if the RGB connector from the controllers is just pulling data, then all good.
If its not then you need to figure out how much current.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

9 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

See in your motherboard manual how much Amp the header can handle.
Then find out how much Amp all the stuffs you want to connect to it needs/will pull.
I mean, I don't even know whether your motherboard is Aorus Master or Aorus Extreme.

Does the Uni Hub & Strimer Controller RGB connector only data pin, or it also pulls current ?
Lian-Li's website is pretty much lacking details.
if the RGB connector from the controllers is just pulling data, then all good.
If its not then you need to figure out how much current.

I'm sorry, I thought I wrote it down but it's the Aorus Pro. As for the hubs, I'm thinking the pins are only for data due to the fact that they both have a sata power cable that plugs into them. What plugs into the mobo from the hubs is one that goes into the 5v and USB headers, so I'm assuming that they don't pull power but I also wanted to be absolutely certain before plugging anything in and running it. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer via Google so far, and Lian Li's website doesn't really say anywhere that I could find.

5 hours ago, Bumblefick said:

I'm sorry, I thought I wrote it down but it's the Aorus Pro. As for the hubs, I'm thinking the pins are only for data due to the fact that they both have a sata power cable that plugs into them. What plugs into the mobo from the hubs is one that goes into the 5v and USB headers, so I'm assuming that they don't pull power but I also wanted to be absolutely certain before plugging anything in and running it. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer via Google so far, and Lian Li's website doesn't really say anywhere that I could find.

See how many cable goes to the RGB connector from the hub & strimer controller. 1 or 2 or 3.
If it's less than 3, which pin it goes into.
Then refer to your motherboard manual for the pinout.

Or you can contact Lian-Li's customer support and ask about it.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:06 AM, Poinkachu said:

Dude, most motherboard headers are good for ~1A, not 4-5....

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

Dude, most motherboard headers are good for ~1A, not 4-5....

Well, I just re-checked and that's what the gigabyte manual for z690 aorus pro says actually.

aorus.png

Refresh before you reply