SC/APC SFP module

Fyaz Manknojiya

Hi,

I have router which support sfp module. My ISP have fiber connection to home. ISP use SC/APC connector for fiber in simplex mode(single fiber cable). I want sfp module which can use SC/APC fiber connector. Can you help me to get this one?

What standard is used for the port that gets data  INTO the router, is not always the same as the standard or standards supported on OUTPUT ports

In theory if the router / modem whatever has SFP or SFP+ ports, then those should support transceivers with various connectors, most common being probably LC duplex

And... note that SFP can do up to 1 gbps ... there are some fairly new transceivers that can do 2.5 gbps but i doubt the router can do that on SFP ...

If they’re using SC, that very highly implies you are dealing with GPON. That means you don’t need a simple Transceiver (for Ethernet signalling over fiber), but an ONT-on-a-stick. An example is https://www.huawei.com/ucmf/groups/public/documents/webasset/hw_415752.pdf

An ONT is the GPON equivalent of a cable/DSL modem. The unit has to compatible with your ISP because they have to be able to provision it properly. With many ISPs they don’t support these ONT SFPs and only support their ONT boxes.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: