PC gets stuck in bootloop. Mouse and keyboard dont work

ItsBACKHAND

Pc gets stuck in a bootloop and will loop until I cut power. It will occasionally turn on and stay on but when it does the keyboard and mouse dont work. They both light up but no response from the pc. Would this be more likely the power supply or motherboard? Anything else i can check to narrow this down more? 

This doesnt really sound like a hardware issue but maybe a windows issue. 
First thing to try is getting a USB and load windows media manager onto it (or linux if you feel like it) then disconnect your internal ssd and see if you can boot to the USB. If you can get into windows then youll know its a windows problem. 

If it turns out its not a windows problem i would suggest trying your best to get into the bios and resetting it to factory defaults. that might change something. 

12 hours ago, Mayday793 said:

This doesnt really sound like a hardware issue but maybe a windows issue. 
First thing to try is getting a USB and load windows media manager onto it (or linux if you feel like it) then disconnect your internal ssd and see if you can boot to the USB. If you can get into windows then youll know its a windows problem. 

If it turns out its not a windows problem i would suggest trying your best to get into the bios and resetting it to factory defaults. that might change something. 

How would I evem attempt to get into the bios if my mouse and keyboard arent working? Is there another way. Dont have a usb but could I take my hard drive out of my other PC and put it in the broken one? If its a windows problem it should boot off of my other hard drive right?

So I just swapped the boot drives from both computer. The drive from the bad PC boots just fine in my good pc. My drive from the good PC is doing the boot loop then blue screen in the bad PC.

41 minutes ago, ItsBACKHAND said:

So I just swapped the boot drives from both computer. The drive from the bad PC boots just fine in my good pc. My drive from the good PC is doing the boot loop then blue screen in the bad PC.

Damn ok then it definitely is a hardware issue. I've had blue screens where it's just a windows problem so I was hopeful. 

I know you said the keyboard mouse doesn't work but sometimes that's after the operating system tries to load. I'd still try powering on and hitting the delete/f12/f5 buttons a bunch and you might get into bios if you're lucky but it sounds like you wont

You can first try only using one stick of ram in ur motherboard to see if that changes anything and if that doesn't change anything it's starting to sound like a bad cpu is your problem 

23 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

Damn ok then it definitely is a hardware issue. I've had blue screens where it's just a windows problem so I was hopeful. 

I know you said the keyboard mouse doesn't work but sometimes that's after the operating system tries to load. I'd still try powering on and hitting the delete/f12/f5 buttons a bunch and you might get into bios if you're lucky but it sounds like you wont

You can first try only using one stick of ram in ur motherboard to see if that changes anything and if that doesn't change anything it's starting to sound like a bad cpu is your problem 

Ive tried about 15 plus times to get into the bios when its booting. With no luck. Tried a stick of ram from my good PC and no change. 

This is really sounding like a cpu issue. If your keyboard doesn't work to even get into bios but the rgb is turning on, that means you got power to the motherboard but the CPU is seizing up on something which is why everything you try is just not working. What are the specs on ur pc? Might be time to upgrade the CPU lol

9 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

This is really sounding like a cpu issue. If your keyboard doesn't work to even get into bios but the rgb is turning on, that means you got power to the motherboard but the CPU is seizing up on something which is why everything you try is just not working. What are the specs on ur pc? Might be time to upgrade the CPU lol

Not sure on the exact specs. Its not actually mine its a friends brothers who asked me to look at it. But its def time for him to upgrade. I believe its got an old 9th gen i5 in it. With a b365 mobo.

thats unfortunate. probably the only upgrade path is getting a new motherboard and cpu. They could get an 9th gen i7 but thats probably similar priced to a 12th gen one anyway. You'd be saving about 100 dollars for a 3 year old cpu if you bought it new off new egg. when you could buy a 12th gen i5 for just about the same price (but then you would also have to consider buying the motherboard which is about 100-150$ though i havent looked at prices there recently)

The only last thing i'd suggest is trying to find somebody with an 8th or 9th gen intel cpu since thats what fits in that socket and try swapping them. Thats really the only next course of action you got.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread but figured I post the fix for anyone else having this issue. It ended up being the Motherboard.