My ssd isn’t booting

WisdomTurtle

So I just got a new motherboard, and my when I plugged in my ssd, I didn’t boot, I didn’t even show as a bootable device, then when I went to put the ssd in a completely different computer it didn’t boot, so what do I do? 

5 minutes ago, WisdomTurtle said:

So I just got a new motherboard, and my when I plugged in my ssd, I didn’t boot, I didn’t even show as a bootable device, then when I went to put the ssd in a completely different computer it didn’t boot, so what do I do? 

Check the bios. Does it show up there?

It's probably UEFI boot. That style of boot requires entries in the BIOS because it boots to a file located on a special partition instead of searching for a drive to directly boot to. Most BIOSes have the option to create new entries. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

ok, so, before i said my ssd wasnt working and i put it into legacy and that fixed it, but when i shut it down and turned it back on, it said that there was not bootable device detected. what do i do cuz im about to just take it to micro center and see what they can do.

Don't put it into Legacy mode. Switch it back and let's figure out the real issue.

6 hours ago, whispous said:

Don't put it into Legacy mode. Switch it back and let's figure out the real issue.

The first image is what I set it to and the second one is me trying to boot of the ssd after reset with those settings 

3EC246F5-A0B7-4E53-8CE9-C5C737927DE9.jpeg

4602B967-2C5B-427E-980C-0D3CCEB7A838.jpeg

You really shoul stop using legacy mode, and reinstall Windows rather than trying to boot an old Windows installation in this case.