Please help with PC shutting down randomly

takerukain
Go to solution Solved by DCCFan,

Hi, sorry to hear your PC keeps shutting down. I'm no expert but something similar happened to my son's PC and it ended up being the motherboard. If you already changed your PSU then the possibility of it being mobo related is high. You could update BIOS and see if that helps. Maybe someone else will have other suggestions. Good luck!

Also, you could take the motherboard out of the case and test it outside of it just to rule out some sort of short. 

Hello, my PC is shutting down randomly, be it from idle, gaming, browsing or even from the start of the mobo's logo (only happened once). The PC shuts down completely, all fans are off. Monitor is still on, UPS still on (not switching to the battery power)

My specs are as follows:
Proccie : i3 10105f
Mobo : Asrock H410M-HVS (default BIOS)

VGA : Asus GTX 1650 Dual OC (DDR4 ver)
RAM : Team Elite 16GB, single channel
Storage (s) : SSD 256 GB Adata SU800, 2 HDDs : Seagate & WDC, 1 TB each
PSU : Super Flower Leadex iii 650W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master i30
4 RGB Fans, connected via molex

PC Case is Cube Gaming Lich

Running on Windows 10 64bit

Things I've done so far :
1. Checked temps on AIDA64, everything's normal. Checked all storage condition using HDTune, one of them has bad sec, removed that, problem still exists. Now I'm only running with my SSD, still problem

2. Replaced my previous PSU (FSP HV-PRO 550W) with the one I'm using now

3. Changed CMOS battery, making sure that the BIOS resets

4. Reinstalled Windows 10 64Bit, clean install

5. Changed the RAM slot, cleaned the RAM
6. Changed the SATA ports & cables

7. Bought UPS, and plugged the PSU power cable directly to the UPS

The problem exists whether it's online or offline. The motherboard beeper stops beeping now. The interval for the shutdowns are random, sometime 1 day can have 1 error, at most was 6x shutdowns. While other times it can go 3 days without any shutdowns.

Please, if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Hi, sorry to hear your PC keeps shutting down. I'm no expert but something similar happened to my son's PC and it ended up being the motherboard. If you already changed your PSU then the possibility of it being mobo related is high. You could update BIOS and see if that helps. Maybe someone else will have other suggestions. Good luck!

Also, you could take the motherboard out of the case and test it outside of it just to rule out some sort of short. 

33 minutes ago, DCCFan said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I will take that into consideration. I'll wait until next week to see whether it's indeed the motherboard or not

On 6/25/2022 at 1:15 AM, takerukain said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I will take that into consideration. I'll wait until next week to see whether it's indeed the motherboard or not

Hope it works out for you. Let us know what you did 🙂

On 7/1/2022 at 5:26 AM, DCCFan said:

Hope it works out for you. Let us know what you did 🙂

I bought a new motherboard yesterday, and so far so good. I'll wait for another week just to make sure.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:08 AM, takerukain said:

I bought a new motherboard yesterday, and so far so good. I'll wait for another week just to make sure.

That's great! Let's hope it's solved 🙂

On 7/6/2022 at 8:48 PM, DCCFan said:

That's great! Let's hope it's solved 🙂

So, I've been using my PC for a week or so, no shutdowns anymore. I guess the problem was indeed the motherboard. Thank you for the suggestion