Recommended "Remote desktop" Software?

I'm currently building a PC/Server out of a low powered PC to allow overnight upload Videos to Onedrive and Youtube/other video sites. This "server" is currently named "Not-Whonnock" but I've got other names planned. This PC would effectively be running "headless". While I'd be using the built in standard Windows networking tools to allow drive access, but I'd want controlling said PC to trigger upload. The Local internet connection has somewhat poor upload speeds.

Said PC is inherited so it's use or trash.

So My What remote desktop tools would you recommend?

Some requirements:

1. Local Network access is required.
  2. Free.
  3. Internet access by the "owner" is nice to have.
  4. Smartphone/Tablet app access is also nice to have, but not required.
  5. Internet access by approved user (me) would be nice, but not required.

If it's just local, the Pro versions of Windows have Remote Desktop built in. (Home just has the client.) If it's running the Home version of Windows, use TightVNC.

TeamViewer works fine for $0 non-commercial use.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

33 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

If it's just local, the Pro versions of Windows have Remote Desktop built in. (Home just has the client.) If it's running the Home version of Windows, use TightVNC.

basicly this. although, teamviewer is probably at least one bridge too far for this purpose.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

basicly this. although, teamviewer is probably at least one bridge too far for this purpose.

It's the easiest zero-dollar solution I know of that meets all of OP's "connect from outside my LAN" access criteria.

They could set up a VPN to get back into their home LAN from afar, then use RDP or VNC to connect.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

31 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

It's the easiest zero-dollar solution I know of that meets all of OP's "connect from outside my LAN" access criteria.

They could set up a VPN to get back into their home LAN from afar, then use RDP or VNC to connect.

oh, i missed that bit, then yes, teamviewer is nice.

I've used them all for years. RDP, TV, LogMeIn back when that was a free option and many other similar options. Hell even VNC, ugh. What I've found in the last year is that from a performance standpoint if the host PC has a GPU, Parsec is absolutely incredible. It truly feels like you're just using the remote PC as if it was local and it's all so seamless. 

Of course, there is that GPU requirement. 

8 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Sadly, I don't think it's Win 10 Pro. VNC sounds good. I'm wary of the TeamViewer's Spam makes me lean against it, but I can see it working. I just hope TeamViewer doesn't need the internet while the videos is uploading

5 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I've used them all for years. RDP, TV, LogMeIn back when that was a free option and many other similar options. Hell even VNC, ugh. What I've found in the last year is that from a performance standpoint if the host PC has a GPU, Parsec is absolutely incredible. It truly feels like you're just using the remote PC as if it was local and it's all so seamless. 

Of course, there is that GPU requirement. 

Parsec won't cut it, It's running a Intel "APU" but we're not playing games: just aiming to do some basic web browsing and basic Windows system stuff.This "desktop PC" has more Laptop choices than I'd like to think: no PCIe ports, 2 Sata Ports, and Laptop memory. (Yes, it was a prebuild, for a grand parent who mostly used it check his email and lottery numbers.)