Looking for a password manager

Gunn

I've been using LastPass for a long time but some time ago it started ask you for money to use it in more than one device.

I would buy if it wouldn't ask money every month or year

So the thing is im looking for one that you buy once and you keep it for ever

2 minutes ago, Gunn said:

I've been using LastPass for a long time but some time ago it started ask you for money to use it in more than one device.

I would buy if it wouldn't ask money every month or year

So the thing is im looking for one that you buy once and you keep it for ever

Or even better: use KeePass. It's free and you can use it with android and windows. You have to put the database file onto OneDrive or a cloud service though to get access to it from your phone. I've been using it for a while now and am happy with it

Bitwarden! The free tier is pretty good, and you can use it in multiple devices. You can use it as a service or self-host it

🙂

3 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Bitwarden! You can use it as a service or selfhost it

Seconding this. Bitwarden has worked well for me.

You can import your passwords from LastPass to Bitwarden, that should make the move a lot easier.

I'm using Last Pass as happy with the Family Subscription and Yubikey MFA Support.

Still have heard good things about Bitwarden and do like it can be self hosted but big word of warning on self hosting in that ensure you know how to maintain it and backup or you would be in for a world of hurt if it goes wrong.

35 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

Or even better: use KeePass. It's free and you can use it with android and windows. You have to put the database file onto OneDrive or a cloud service though to get access to it from your phone. I've been using it for a while now and am happy with it

well cant share the file google is being google and its "unavailable" 

image.png.78ce8c3ceae11cff3593d6b6d688e80a.png

21 minutes ago, MrMase said:

I'm using Last Pass as happy with the Family Subscription and Yubikey MFA Support.

Still have heard good things about Bitwarden and do like it can be self hosted but big word of warning on self hosting in that ensure you know how to maintain it and backup or you would be in for a world of hurt if it goes wrong.

yeah its good i love it too but iwont pay like 40 euros a year for a password manager its very dumb it should be a pay once keep it for ever or it should be more chepper yearly like 5 euros 

Just now, Gunn said:

yeah its good i love it too but iwont pay like 40 euros a year for a password manager its very dumb it should be a pay once keep it for ever or it should be more chepper yearly like 5 euros 

I hear ya but unfortunately that seems to be the way many companies are going 😞

9 minutes ago, MrMase said:

I hear ya but unfortunately that seems to be the way many companies are going 😞

because everybody could agree that mantening a password manager its not that costly it not like an antivitus that you have to keep big databases of all virus and malware online and a lot infrastructure 

4 hours ago, Gunn said:

its very dumb it should be a pay once keep it for ever or it should be more chepper yearly like 5 euros 

It's not, at least for them, as it provides them continuous income, unlike if you have a one time purchase, where they are only get some money once.

What would you take as your salary, 1 Million once, or 100k yearly if you had to work for 15 years?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide